Chapter 11: One on One

Alice yawned, leaning on Connor for support. The Native had insisted on training early in the morning. Saying something about the "crisp dawn air" was exhilarating. The only thing Alice found even remotely exciting, was the squirrels playing tag in the tree's. The young blonde assassin wrapped her red coat around herself. The heat radiating off of Connor's chest warmed her that much more.

The couple sat on Lucius, Alice in front, Connor holding the reins in the back. Ratonhnhaké:ton glanced down at the tiny blonde, her eyes closed and mouth slightly agape. The cold air painted her nose and cheeks pink. Ratonhnhaké:ton chuckled and spurred Lucius forward.

The man came up with idea to have a little one on one training with his new trainee. Achille's practically jumped on the idea, informing the two of the importance of practice. Of course Connor was the only one paying any attention. Alice continued to doze off during the whole conversation.

Connor stopped Lucius in front of a fresh spring. The stallion dipped down for a quick sip. Alice mumbled something incoherent under her breath. Ratonhnhaké:ton gently shook her shoulder, stirring Alice awake. She groaned and shifted so her cheek was pressed against Connor's collarbone.

"Wake up Alice, it's time to start." Blue eyes finally blinked open. Alice quickly sat up and dusted off the front of her dress. Connor hopped off first, offering a hand to Alice. She sweetly refused and climbed down herself. Her eyes scanned the woods and the soft spring running down the hill. She kneeled down and plucked a White Lily out of the ground.

"What are we doing here anyway?" Alice lifted the flower to her nose and inhaled the sweet scent. Connor felt his throat go dry, as if someone had shoved a hot branding iron down it. The long wispy blonde hair flowed around her delicate face. That beautiful smile peered through the morning fog like a bright lantern.

Ratonhnhaké:ton saw her perfect lips move, forming words. Yet his head was clouded like he couldn't think of anything but Alice.

"-what are you staring at?" Her sharp, loud tone brought Connor out of his daze. He shook his head a single, good time and focused back into reality. "I said, "are we gonna start yet?".

Connor nodded and flipped up his hood. The wind blew around the fabric shielding him from the harsh wind. Alice did the same, pulling her blood red hood over the mountain of blonde hair.

"Ready?" Alice nodded and shot him a cocky grin. Connor drew his sword and got into stance. Alice drew her own blade and circled the man in a predatory way.

Connor launched forward, connecting the blade of his weapon against Alice's. She stumbled back a bit but quickly regained her composure. She pressed forward clashing the swords again. Connor slid his weapon upward, a screeching noise eradicating from both sides.

"Keep your arm straight, don't bend it." Alice took his comment and used it for the better. She stiffened her arm and swung back. This time, it was Connor's turn to falter. Alice threw down her sword and tackled the dazed man. Even though she was tiny, the combined attack sent Connor stumbling backwards to the ground. As his back hit the ground, Alice crawled on top of him.

She pinned his wrist above his head, smirking down at Connor was stared up at her like a frightened doe. Alice giggled and quickly removed herself, fetching her discarded blade.

"Again."

The day went by the same way. Battling and sparring, hand to hand, even a little hide and seek action. By the time they were done, the sun was a mysterious orange, twilight. The two leaned against an elderly oak, both panting with a thin layer of sweat collecting on their skin.

Alice turned to speak to Connor when a small water droplet hit the tip of her nose. Connor chuckled but was cut off by the freezing rain falling through the tree leaves. In turn, Alice bursted out laughing, clutching her stomach.

"Is that funny to you?" Alice froze at Ratonhnhaké:ton's harsh voice. But when she lifted her eyes to face him, his large smile fooled his hard demeanor. Before Alice could blink she was being lifted over Connor's shoulder.

"Put me down! Connor I'm serious!" Alice squealed as she was throw into the stream. The water immediately soaked through her clothing. Without hesitation, she grabbed Connor's pants leg and yanked him beside her. Payback is hell!

"Gotcha!" Ratonhnhaké:ton fell on his butt but not before reaching around and pinning the young blonde underneath him. He places his hands beside her head, giving her a raised eyebrow as her eagerness is diminished. Alice gives a slight scoff and grabs Connor's collar, pulling him down for a breathtaking kiss.

The rain continue's to drown them, although the only thing they can focus on, is each other.

*Chapter End*

Ooooo! I'm hoping the next chapters can slow things down a bit. We might even see Papa Kenway in the future chapters! Stay tuned😂😘😘😘😍