Chapter Two: Part II

What to wear, what to wear? I thought to myself as I rummaged through the drawers. Asking Joss had come to mind but she was in her room doing the same thing. We'd gotten home around seven-thirty and Nic would be home at eight-thirty. "I want to look perfect," Joss had said when we left Country Fest. They hadn't had a date night in quite sometime, I had suspected. A loud sigh escaped my lips. I decided on a pair of dark jeans with fringed holes and a total rip in the right knee with a peach v-neck and white cami. I slid on my white Chucks and began to curl my hair. I had wore it straight to Country fest to switch things up a bit.

"Jo-Jo!" Joss called from her bedroom. The little pet name she'd given me when we were kids. She hadn't called me that in years. "I need your help," she yelled once more. I quickly put the curling iron down and jogged to my sisters room. She was in the bathroom trying to pull a black dress over her head. "I'm stuck," she whined. "I can't get it over my head without messing up my hair." I chuckled and then began to laugh loudly. "What is so funny?"

"Oh, Joss, try this," I said, taking the small zipper at the collar between my fingers. "Why don't you try unzipping it first?" The dress fell right over head. Her blonde hair fell in loose curls and her make-up looked professionally done. "Joss, you look beautiful," I said, truthfully while zipping the dress back up.

"Thanks, Jo-Jo. It's just been a while since Nic and I had a date night. I don't know why we've waited so long. Oh well, you go finish getting ready. Just be careful tonight, yeah?" I nodded and gave her a warm smile before going back to finish getting ready. Before I started curling my hair again I pulled out my phone and texted Nic.

Bring Joss flowers when you come home. She's got all dolled up for you. Let's just say if you don't bring those flowers we'll have a problem. Have a safe trip home, Brother-in-Law! (:

I was satisfied with that text. I began to finish up my thick hair. Some day, I hoped to have a love like Joss and Nic's. They were so in love and it was noticeable. They'd been together a few years now and they were just as happy as when they first started dating.

"Finally," I said, looking over at the clock. A little after eight-thirty. The front door opened. There was no rustle of plastic. Nic didn't get the flowers. I poked my head out of the door. Nic stood in the kitchen with a single red rose in his hand. Classy. He turned and looked at me. I gave him and encouraging thumbs up and he made his way to Joss in the bathroom. "Nicholas!" Joss squealed from the other room. I smiled to myself. My job here was done. It was nearly nine so I decided to send Calvin the address. I'd waited as long as I could. Keeping him on his toes was my plan. "We're heading out. Don't stay out too late because we have shopping plans tomorrow. Have fun!" Joss called through the closed door.

"You guys have fun!" I called back. The shopping plans were new to me. Joss hadn't mentioned that at all. Thankfully she had. It had been on my mind since I got here. I needed new clothes. A loud knock shook me from my thoughts. They forgot something, I thought to myself. I ran to the door and quickly unlocked it. "Oh," I said surprised. "I wasn't expecting you until ten."

"Well, I'm early," Calvin said, stepping by me. I rolled my eyes and shut the door. His arrogance was almost sickening. I followed him down the small hallway into the front room. "May I?' He motioned toward the sofa. I nodded and went to the refridgerator. Now he was deciding to be well mannered. Inside the fridge I found two bottles of water. I figured I might as well be a good host. I went to sit beside him. Calvin wore dark jeans and a grey hoodie. He didn't look bad but I thought it may be a little warm for a hoodie. I shrugged off the thought and handed him the water.

He grinned my way and popped the top off the small bottle. "You got here awfully fast," I said, sipping my own water.

Calvin grinned once again. "I was upstairs."