Chapter Three: Part III

I slid off the back of the bike and stretched. The second ride wasn't near as bad as the first one. I laid the helmet on his seat and ran my fingers through my hair. Calvin pulled the obnoxiously large jacket off my shoulders. Goosebumps began to raise on the bare skin of my arms. The air was nippy. Joss' Cobalt was still parked in the same spot. Nic's Mustang wasn't around though. I was home before them. Luckily, Joss had left an apartment key for me. Calvin snaked his arm around my waist, once again. The parking lot was quiet and eery. I dug around in my crossbody looking for my keys.

I held the key tightly between my fingers as we climbed the stairs. My stomach was fluttering the entire way. Would he kiss me? No, I shouldn't even get my hopes up. Was I even his type? He was popular, very popular. I had my fair share of popularity at home but nothing compared to him. Finally, we reached my sister's door. I slid the key into the door knob. Before I could turn the key I was pushed against the door. Calvin stared into my eyes. I could feel my heart speed up. I gulped when he looked at my lips. I suddenly wished I had wore more chapstick this last week.

"I've been waiting to do this all night," he whispered. Calvin bit his lip and grinned. He switched his weight to his left leg and finally crashed his lips on mine. My entire body was tingling. His warm fingers traced my jawline as our lips continued to move in sync. I let my fingers knot in his hair. He gave my butt a tight squeeze in return. I could not believe I was standing outside my sister's aparment making out with some guy I'd only met yesterday. This was definitely out of character, even for me. Calvin pulled back and smiled down at me. "That was definitely worth enduring that terrible party." I could feel my cheeks burning. I knew I must be candy apple red with embarrassment. He ran his finger along my jawline once more before turning around. "You have a good night," he said, walking away.

I stood there, astonished. I couldn't decide if he was being rude or just really short. Instead of overthinking it, I quickly opened the door. "What an idiot," I said outloud realizing I would definitely overthink it.

"I take that offensively." I jumped and stared into a familiar pair of hazel eyes.