Chapter 11

Selena made herself disappear from the room the minute the wolves were distracted in taunts and opinions over whether Cole would be happy about finding out that his Alpha had disregarded his request of leaving his sister alone. Instead of wasting time arguing like them, Selena tiptoed away from the lounge and sent a mischievous wink at Trey when he caught her eye.                   

His mouth dropped open slightly in awe as if he sensed what she was about to do, but quickly masked his expression to avoid getting caught.                                                     A sudden rush of exhilaration spurred through her veins as she sought out Cole’s room.                                                                                                                                                          

It didn’t take her too long. After glancing around into three bedrooms, she found him appearing out of the bathroom, his hand adjusting the band of his pants. She smiled at him broadly and he returned the smile with a surprise.                                     

“I was looking for you” Her sweet voice sang innocently. “For me?” He asked softly, tiny wrinkles creasing his forehead. The smile dropped off her face and she leant her head against the bathroom wall with a sigh. “Is it not just the most infuriating thing when someone doesn’t want to listen to you?”. Cole’s frown deepened.                                                                                              

“You talking about Arden?”. Selena nodded her head and sighed again.                                             “I mean, I guess I should get used to it though, he doesn’t have good history when it comes to obeying. You, could probably vouch for that”.  A moment of silence passed between them before Cole spoke.                                

“What do you mean?”.                                                                                                               “Oh, I’m talking about Arden and your sister fucking behind your back like horny rabbits”. A trickle of sweat ran down Cole’s sideburn. His eyes were wide with surprise. “He…he told you that?”.                                                                                                                              

“I know. The man doesn’t have an ounce of shame. I’m his mate and he was blatantly and very explicitly explaining all the things he had just recently done to Kayla. He even added sound effects like a good story teller”.  Cole’s nose coloured red and flared as he breathed heavily.                                                             

Recently?”. “Yeah, sometime this week I’m assuming?”. “Where. Is. He?”. “He’s probably still boasting about his talents, telling the other guys the rest of the details. You know how men can go overboard with exaggeration”.              
“Where is he Selena?” Cole repeated, his chest rising and falling rapidly, his eyes baring holes at Selena’s. “The lounge”.

“It was a onetime thing” Arden answered shaking his head violently. Dominic and Kayla had already disappeared from the room, Selena as well. Arden’s wolf wanted him to run through every room in his home and drag her back into his line of vision so that he could keep his eyes on her.                                                                                           

Instead, he was forced to explain to Trey and Clayton why he was still fucking Kayla after Cole had asked him not to. “After what happened with Selena at her home, I…needed a release”. Clayton snorted and shook his head, dissatisfied with his brother’s answer.