Chapter 23

Selena yawned and blinked a few times before she could fully open her eyes. She somehow managed to fall asleep soon after satiating Brody’s needs, even with experiencing the little heartburn that she did.

Selena moved her hand to move her hair out of her eyes, but found that she couldn’t. She was chained! She quickly threw her head to the side and successfully got her hair out of the way. She checked the rest of her body. Her other hand and both ankles were tightly chained down to the steel table she was lying on.

“What the fuck…”. She struggled and thrashed around, screaming for Brody, her uncle Sean and the others, until she finally gave up and cried out in frustration. Selena couldn’t see much of anything at the moment, the room was too dark.

Then it was as if a lightbulb had lit up in her mind. She could transform into her wolf! With the strength of the turn, her wolf might be able to break out of her restraints. She calmed her breathing and closed her eyes, focusing her mind on trading her human limbs for her wolf’s. She felt strange while trying to transform and ended up coming to the conclusion that she couldn’t feel her wolf. “No, no, no, nooo” Selena cried helplessly and then a lightbulb had really lit up the room, momentarily blinding Selena.

She heard someone clicking their tongue and she blinked repeatedly until she had full vision. She watched as Brody and her uncle Sean walked down the short staircase towards her. “What did you do?” She whimpered on a frightened sob. “Where’s my wolf?”. “Your wolf is fine, you just won’t be able to take her form” Her uncle Sean said with a slight smile.

“Yes, well, I don’t know for sure if she’s going to fine. I did give you a little drop of Aconitum, predominately known as wolfsbane. So, once that kicks in, you can say goodbye to being able to move or speak”. “What? Why would you…you can’t…”.

“Yes, of course we can. What did you think, Selena? That I gave a damn about you being my niece? I killed your mother! I tore out her jugular to end her”. “You lied to me…” She whispered softly as she glared at them. “If your damn father hadn’t gotten a witch to put wards up at your house or even around you, you would have been dead by now”.

Selena's heart constricted in its cavity. She was such a damn idiot for not believing Arden about Brody and her uncle. She was so focused on bettering the relationship  with family, when she should have been paying attention to her mate and her new pack. If only she had listened to Arden, if only she believed him.

“Of course, things ended up in our favour. You became Arden’s destined mate and classic Arden; he forced his mark on you without your consent. All we had to do was make you hate and distrust him. It was too easy”. “Why?! Why would you do all of this!!”. “I’m a power driven Alpha, Selena. I wanted Arden's pack when I realised how strong they were. And I made it my damn mission to get them to join. But no, Arden and his pack wouldn’t budge. He wouldn’t give up his position as Alpha to join my pack. Do you know what I do to Alpha’s that won’t bow down to me?”.

Sean laughed and then patted Brody on the back like a proud father. “I make them”. “That’s where you came into action, my darling niece. A mate is both the strength and weakness of a wolf; and now, you will make him weak!”.

Tia was long gone by the time Arden got up from the floor. He didn’t even regard her once after he was done with her, he just stayed down on the soft moist sand, thinking about what he had done. He wondered then whether Selena had felt guilty for her actions or if she knew that he was hurting because of her, if she even cared.

Or if she was happier off with an animal like Brody. He got up from the ground and took his frustrations out on a nearby tree, clawing and scratching and punching at it furiously, until he felt a sharp pain across his abdomen. He bit down hard on his tongue and cursed out looking at his unharmed body. He then turned around and headed towards the house.