Chapter 17

When Selena was almost near him, he stepped off the side walk and jumped into a car, leaving the door wide open. She made it to the car and got in, closing the door behind her. She adjusted her position in the car and then turned to face him. “So, you’re following me now?”. Brody laughed and glazed his eyes over her. “I’m just checking up on you. Your uncle’s been worried” He said with a slight smile. “How’s the transitioning been so far?” Gunner asked from the driver’s seat.

Another guy sat beside him in the passenger seat with shoulder length brown hair. Selena laughed and laid her head back on the headrest. “Hurts like a bitch”. “It will be like that until your wolf takes complete control” The other guy said. “And you are?”. “Cade. Brody’s Beta” The guy answered with a smile. Selena nodded slowly and then fiddled with her fingers. “What about the next time I change?”. “It will sting a little, but it won’t be as bad as your first time”. Selena nodded her head slowly and smiled at him.

Then Brody rolled his window down and the fresh air that flew inside the car brought his scent to her nose. He smelt like clean linen and cucumbers and all Selena wanted to do was wrap herself around him and roll around in the grass with him. Was thinking that weird? Was wanting to have Brody pound into her weird? The frustration that followed along with her wantonness quickly filled the air in the car.

Fucking hell” Gunner sputtered and rubbed a hand at his nose when he smelt his cousin’s arousal. Brody on the other picked Selena up and placed her onto his lap. “From the way you smell, it would be hard for any man to not give in to your needs. Why hasn’t Arden done anything?”. Selena began to slowly grind against him and Brody let out a little sigh. “Because I haven’t allowed it to happen”. “So, does this mean you want it from me?” Brody asked her with glassy eyes.

“I’m not complaining now, am I?” She asked him and started grinding faster and harder against him. “Fuck!” Brody whispered and grabbed Selena closer towards him. He could feel his wolf wanting to take over, but he couldn’t allow that to happen. If that happened, he would lose complete control over himself and terrify Selena in the process. Suddenly Gunner swerved the car sharply around a corner and into a dark alley, stopping so abruptly that Selena knocked her head on the head rest behind her.

“Ow!”. Then Gunner transformed into his wolf and removed Selena from the car. Cade went to the back to check on his Alpha and in the meantime, Gunner disappeared with Selena on his back. 

“And you let her leave, Trey?”. “Arden, you need to relax, ok? Selena needs time away from all of this, especially after you came home smelling like pussy”. “I was handling it! But you, you shouldn’t have let her go”. “She has a right to do as she wills. And Jason says we can trust this Ashley”.

“It’s not fucking about trust! If Selena wanted to see her friend, she could’ve brought her home, where she would be safe. Instead, she’s out there on her own where Brody could reach her”. Trey’s face basically collapsed at hearing Brody’s name. He hadn’t thought of him at all.

“There’s no need for you two to argue about Selena, Gunner brought her back”. Arden and Trey both glanced at Dakota as she interrupted them, before rushing to the front of the house where they saw Selena dismounting off wolf's back. He then immediately transformed into his human form.

“Get the fuck away from my mate!” Arden yelled and bared his wolf fangs at Gunner who gave him the finger in response and turned to face his cousin instead. “I had to bring you back home. If I had waited for even a second longer, Brody would have devoured you”.

Selena nodded her head then looked towards Arden who was currently being held back by Trey and Dominic. “That might not have been a bad idea” She said softly and then walked away from Gunner towards the house. She was nearly inside the house when suddenly a hand gripped around her wrist and yanked her backwards.

“What the hell were you doing with him if you went to see Ashley?”. Selena breathed out heavily before looking at Arden. “That has absolutely nothing to do with you, Gunner is family”.