Chapter 1

Sometimes I feel like life isn't fair at all. Anywhere I go, I see people paired up with soulmates (or multiple mates), happily in love like almost everyone else on the planet. I tried the dating apps and tried to date a few people and also tried to ignore the fact the their mark (or marks) might not be the same as mine, and it never is at all.

Every time a person is born, everyone has a marking(s) on their own wrist in there is one person (or people) in the world with that same marking (or markings). Every time I look at my markings and sigh sadly because I have never found my soulmates. In my 24 years of living on Earth, despite the fact that 24 years does not seem that long. It's very hard to try to ignore the fact that these people isn't who you're meant to be with and just have fun with them. It won't even matter to me.

Well, I guess I should introduce my self don't I? I'm Kelly Richards and I was born and raised in New Jersey, United States of America but moved to Scotland after I graduated from college.

Also, I'm obsessed with the Bay City Rollers and their music and their fashion. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong generation and I wished I could go back in time. I always listen to them one Pandora and Spotify, but I guess it never occurred to me on what they look like, but what really matters to me is their music.

I live on my own in Scotland, but my mother died after my graduation from college, it's hard and I miss her very much. I have no real friends to talk; but that never really bothers me that much because I got all my colleagues to talk and socialize with.

Today, I'm sitting in the park feeling depressed watching other people with their soulmates. With a sad sign I plug in my headphones and put on Spotify and picked the song "Alone" by The Bee Gees. It represents my feelings now.

Sometimes I feel like music is my soulmate considering I haven't found mine yet.

Anyway, deep down in my gut I feel like I don't belong in this generation at all, I don't get the modern trends like TikTok dances or making sure your pretty for your next selfie that would probably get a gazillion likes on social media, or the modern music like Kpop, rap or pop or any genre at all, it's useless sounds that have no meaning at all. I know many people that listen to pop and sometimes rap, I just never really adapt to that style of music at all.

***

It's night fall in Scotland, I lay in my bed staring at my ceiling. I have a hard time falling sleep, I think its the insomnia kicking in and because I can't get into a comfortable position to sleep in. The only way I could sleep is to close my eyes and dream. I quickly find myself day dreaming about my soulmates. In my mind, all three of them would be males, two of them would be Scottish and one of them would be Irish. Also, they would each have same/different heights: One of them would be average height while the other would be 6 foot 0 and the other one would be average height as well, which might work out for me because I'm 5'1. Their personalities would be more outgoing and more funny and would never be afraid to speak their minds on something, they might be flirty and bold and they would always be loyal to me no matter what happens in life. As for what they might look like, I couldn't imagine. But as I fall asleep, songs by the Bay City Rollers rang through my head like a radio and put me into a deep sleep.

Author's Note: Hey guys, I'm sorry if this chapter was short and a bit boring, but this had to be the introductory chapter for this story and it's my first time writing a story, I'm used to reading stories on Wattpad, and I felt that I should give writing a try. I promise that things will speed up real soon!