Mᴀsᴜᴍɪ

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

Masumi sighed. "I wonder what's up with all these gosh darn cops lately. Even the Hunting Dogs are busy lately, patrolling every night, it makes it harder for the Mafia to do business." She said to herself.

She groaned in frustration. "So annoying..." She muttered.

"What was that about the Port Mafia? Are you perhaps a member?" A voice asked. She looked behind to see one of the Hunting Dogs, Jōno. "Oh? Well not really. The Port Mafia's buisness going slow is good for me, but what's annoying is that my little sister wants me to bake her a cake and I'm to lazy for that." She said.

He listened to her heartbeat. "You seemed startled When I spoke. Are you sure you're not hiding anything?" He said with a smile.

 Are you sure you're not hiding anything?" He said with a smile

She sweatdropped. "Dude any normal person would be a little startled when they hear voice behind them. Like Yokohama isn't safe these days Ya'know. Human trafficking in the slums, the false accusations of the Agency, the Port Mafia as well, ya never know who's the bad guy." She said. He hummed in thought. "You do make a great point, but I don't really care as long as I can hurt people in the name of the law." He said.

She put a hand on her chin. "Aha? You're what they call a masochist!" She exclaimed. "I am not a masochist. That's someone who gains pleasure from Pain. I'm the opposite I guess." Jōno said. For some strange reason, he didn't mind talking to the girl. It made him feel like a normal human.

"Ah, I see. So you're a officer?" She questioned.

"Well a Hunting Dog, a special Military Division." He said. "Sugoi, that sounds so cool." She said with a smile. "Who would've known I'd get the chance to meet one." She added. Then ber phone rang. "One second please." She said to Jōno before picking up her phone.

"Hai Hai. I'll hurry up Yuu-chan... Hey! I am not lazing around! I'll have you know I was uh... Shut Up, I am not a Lazy student ok. I am a Straight A student... Eh?? Mother and Father are almost Home? Well then I'll hurry... Mhm... Bye then." She said on the phone before she hung up.

"Well I've gotta go Mister... Er... What's your name?" She asked a bit nervously, realizing they had a conversation without even introducing themselves, awkward for her.

"Jōno Saigiku." He replied. "I'm Yamasaki Masumi! I hope we meet in the future, Mister Jōno!" She exclaimed as she waved him goodbye and rushed away while saying 'I'm gonna be late!'.

He stared at her retreating figure with a close eyed smile before opening his eyes. "You hope we meet in the future, ey..." He said to himself before he sighed and left as well.

'Everything she said, never indicated in a lie, but just to be safe, I'll check her file.' He thought.

|| T I M E S K I P ||

"Elise-chan, I got you your cake since I lost the bet..." Masumi said as she handed the girl the cake. Elise smiled. "I know. I'm the best aren't I?" Elsie said confidently.

"You only won because It was a single error. Don't get ahead of yourself..." Masumi pouted. Elise giggled. "Stop being a sore loser, Masumi." Elise said. Masumi sighed in releif. "I'm glad the Mafia isn't really doing any business at the moment. I can rest for a bit now." She said with a smile.

"Hm? Couldn't you just ask Rintaro for a a day or two off?" Elise questioned. "I guess? But I'm too lazy and bothered to even ask him." Masumi said with anime tears. "You're a lazy bum, Masumi." Elise sweatdropped.

"I am not lazy, I prefer the term 'Selective Participation' instead." Masumi said. "Yeah Yeah, whatever makes you feel better." Elise said with a deadpanned expression. Masumi sighed in frustration. "I need to create a profile, quickly." Masumi said as she took out a laptop from her drawer.

She opened it and the laptop started counting down. It said: 10 seconds until self destruction.

She sighed. She put her hand to the screen and Activated her ability, causing the countdown to stop and got to the home screen of the Laptop which was a picture of Akutagawa. She typed in the password and began to do her thing.

She created a whole other person.

"What happened?" Elise asked. "I ran into a dog today." She replied. "What does that have to do with anything?" Elise questioned. Masumi looked at her and pat her head. "No need to worry~" She cooed. "I got everything under control anyways." She added.

"But... I remember that Time you almost got caught by that Traitor." Elise said. "Yes... I remembered that very vividly... I jumped into the sewer without anyone noticing... There were so much rats..." She said as she shivered. Elise deadpanned.

"No way you're scared of Rats. You're like almighty, so how?" Elise questioned.

"Ayo, I'm still a mother fucking human with fears, k?" Masumi said with a hand on her hip. "So all that nonsense on the phone was because a dog was with you?" Elise asked as she finished her cake. Masumi nodded. "Yep." She replied.

"Anyways- How's everything been?" Masumi asked.

"Well, the weirdest thing happened. Rintaro asked me who you were." Elise said as she looked at Masumi skeptically. Masumi rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"Well you see... Not to long ago, I punched him for being an asshole... I guess I punched him too hard and he forgot about me..." She said with a nervously. Elise sighed. "You're a dumbass, Masumi." Elise stated with a deadpanned expression.

Masumi was offended. "I am not a dumbass! I'll have you know I-" Masumi said as she was going to list some smart things she's done. She stopped, trying to think of at least one. "Uh... I know I've done at least one smart thing.... Right?" She questioned.

"Kukuku, just face is Masumi! You are a no good, dumb, and lazy person who hasn't had any success in life!" Elise exclaimed as she pointed down at Masumi.

"Eh?!?!" Masumi exclaimed.

"How mean Elise-chan! But I'm glad I'm not the only one you're mean to." A voice, Mori's to be exact, spoke from behind Masumi.

She flinched a bit.

"Nice to finally meet you, Masumi-kun~"