A ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪʀᴅɪᴇ- Pt. 1

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽

Masumi looked up at the bright sky above Yokohama, her legs swinging back and forth from the edge of the building she sat on. A smile of pure innocence on her face and yet it was almost cunning.

She sighed as she furrowed her eyes, her smile fading.

"Tell me, why have you come in search of me after so much years, Sukehiro-san?" She questioned, turning her head to see the messy brown haired male that was once her partner.

The said male walked from the shadows, observing the girl whom he thought he knew well, yet she seemed so unreadable, more so than their shared past. He narrowed his eyes at her, obviously trying to read her, but he noticed their was no opening for such a thing to occur.

She was truly different.

He sighed as he took off his hat, "You're different, Masumi. You're eyes are red now and you're hair is brown... Yet there's still that mysterious aura of yours." he said as he walked closer to her. She chuckled at his words. "And you aren't? If I remember correctly, you were a crybaby, always clinging onto me and Yukio." She said as she started reminiscing on their shared past together.

She stood up as she stretched. She turned to him as her hair swayed in the wind, the sun outlining her silhouette.

Yes she was different, but she still had that mysterious glow to  her. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he decided to be brush it off.

He let out a sigh. "I'm here to offer you a position back in the Hunting Dogs, will you join us once again?" He questioned with a serious look as he reached a hand one to her. Her eyes narrowed at him. She turned around once more.

"Why would I join a group that ostracized me for a single mistake I couldn't control?"

||T I M E     S K I P||

Masumi looked up at the sun that shined upon her with its brighter rays, it felt a bit uncomfortable for her. In her opinion, the cold was better. She let out a sigh, tired of today and wanting to sleep more or more over keel over that way she could sleep forever without disturbance.

Then again, she didn't want to leave Dazai, Elise, not Q whom she cherished so dearly.

"Munagura wo tsukamarete kyouretsu na panchi wo kuratte yorokete🎶~"

She snapped out of her thoughts and grabbed her phone, looking at the caller ID.

Unknown

It was an unsaved number, but she answered anyways as she usually did with unknown numbers. She heard a voice on the other side and her eyes bright. "Yes I would like that! Where is it? Oh oki!" Before long she hung up, satisfied with the call.

She smiled as she took in a calming breath, though it was short lived as she felt weight on her back.

"Masumi!" A voice of a child called out to her. She sweat a bit, she swore she almost had a heart attack from the child who abruptly jumped in her back, though she didn't really mind it.

The child got off her back as she turned to face them with a grin. She hugged them as if they have gone years without seeing each other when in fact they saw each other yesterday. "Kyu-kun, you're certainly excited." She said with a smile.

Q looked up at her, though with a friend. "Akutagawa is missing." Q informed her. Masumi froze, her eyes wide as sound seemed to have been blocked from ever reaching her as she saw a figure in the distance.

"There's no possible way..." Masumi said as sweat dripped down her face. Her heard beat raced.

She grasped the part where her heard was, finding her chest hurting. She collapsed to her knees, Q calling after her as she felt to the floor, her vision turning black.

"Be careful... Q..."