Into the Room

Chapter 14.

Draco’s POV

Hermione pushed me into the Room of Requirement. Why? I had no idea.  

“What exactly are we doing here?” I asked.

“I have to talk to you without you running away!” She answered, grabbing both my hands.  I felt my cheeks turn as red as the Weasel’s head.

“About w-what?” I stuttered.  I didn’t mean to stutter.  

“You, silly. Did you really mean those things you said?” Hermione blushed a bit.  

“Yes.  You really are all of those things.” I commented.  Not comment, I was openly flirting with her now. ‘Wait, WHAT?! No no no  no no no no no no no. I can’t do this. NO NO NO NO NO NO!’  Half my mind said.  ‘YESS! You’re in love! People do crazy things for love. Just look at poor Romeo and Juliet!’ The other half said.

“Really?” Hermione laughed.  “Draco, you really are a ferret sometimes.”

“What? Are you siding with the Weasel now?” I shot back, more cruelly than I wanted.

“No! C’mon, let’s get out of here.” she said. She grabbed the handle, but it was locked. Then, the all the lights went out, and it was completely dark.

“Hermione, what did you do!?” I said angrily.

“Nothing! The lights just.. went out!”

“Lumos.” I said, waiting for the ball of light at the tip of my wand... that never came. “My wand doesn’t work!” I complained.

“Hmmm,” Hermione said. I could almost hear the gears in her head spinning. “Alohomora!” she whispered to the locked door. It didn’t work either. “Great. Our wands don’t work.”

“Yeah, no duh.” I said angrily. Just then, a light came on at the end of the hall. A- door? There was a door at the other side of the room. Then it hit me. “We were thinking of too many different things at once, so the Room got confused, and sent us here!”

“C’mon, let’s go through the door.” She walked through the door and- screamed. “Ahh! Snakes!” I ran in after her, and she was leaning against a tree, trying to get a snake off her arm. “Draco, help!” I managed to pull it off her, but she slowly sank to the ground. “Ow, it hurts. It really hurts. Help...” she barely managed to say above a whisper.

“No, Hermione, get up!” I don’t know what came over me, but I was really angry at her for getting bitten by the snake. It was her fault, so I walked away, leaving her on the ground.

Hermione’s POV

Getting bitten by the snake felt like someone was putting the Crucio curse on you. I could feel it’s poison seeping through my veins. I was about to go unconscious, but then- it was gone.

I sat up, looking around. I wasn’t complaining, but why was the pain gone? Draco was walking away, looking furious. What did I do that made him so mad? I got up and started walking through the forest, not caring if he followed me. After a long time, I finally came to the edge of the forest. ‘How does the Room go on this far?’ I thought to myself. At the end of the forest, there was a huge field, with long grass, some even longer than I was tall. A little way in, there was a small cottage, like Bill and Fleur’s cottage. I ran over to it as it started to rain- no, pour. I was worried for Draco, where was he? I looked behind me and I saw him sitting in the middle of the field, soaking wet. I went into the cottage, and immediately noticed the shelves of books lining the far wall and a huge fireplace. There was a carpet covering the whole floor, but other than that, nothing else. ‘I wish there were blankets and pillows’ I thought, hoping that the Room would supply me with those items. Sure enough, a pile of folded blankets and squishy pillows appeared in a corner. I grabbed one of each and lay down on the thankfully soft carpet, but couldn’t sleep. ‘How do we get out? What is Draco doing, and why? Maybe I can wish my way out?’ I thought nonstop. I have been thinking about nothing in particular for a few hours, and I really wanted to sleep. I remembered how my parents used to sing to me if I couldn’t sleep. I may not be the best singer, but it’s worth a shot. I thought of an old song, and began singing.