Chapter 4: Please..

A week. Just a week of training you to use that gear and the plan would happen. You four would be free and get to see the bricks in the city, clay pots with roses sitting on the windowsills and happy families. We need to accomplish something something you are honestly a tad hesitant on, but it's the freedom calling you. Something your heart aches for.

"Now, when you're in the air and someone is coming for you. Say, from the top left- how should you attack them?" Furlan questions you as you come up with a quick response.

"In a good area with plenty of things to grapple the hooks on, BUT nothing above me to use- I would draw out my blades or already have them ready and I would quickly move backwards with a then quick shot forward and slice their head off." You mentioned and then brightly smiled. A little giggle escaped and Furlan smiled and nodded. You never really smiled that often, but when you did the other three really felt warm. Comforted.

"That's a perfect answer. You really are intelligent. You deserve the credit." Furlan said and patted your head. You softly blushed just from the comment because you're not used to compliments and it makes you feel awkward, but good. Levi and Isabel just walked up to you two talking and this time Isabel sat next to and leaned her head on your shoulder.

"So, Furlan.. how do you think she'll do?" Isabel asked and Levi also looked towards him to see what he had to say. Showing some interest.

"(Y/N) will do perfect. She's actually a lot smarter than the credit we were giving her." Furlan chuckled when you had a playful look of shock on your face.

"Were you three saying I am dumb?" You said as you put a hand in chest in a dramatic way. The three smiled and shook their heads at you. A sudden quietness fell over the group as all of them were thinking. Their destiny was just tomorrow where they would have to kill commander Erwin. There was such a high risk that they would get caught, but that's why you've been keeping an eye on the MP and how they fight. That should give you an idea at how the Scouts fight.
        You stood up and pretended to dust yourself off as if you were covered in dirt and dust. You looked around one last time at the filthy city you have lived in your whole like and it honestly made you sad. Not in the way of sadness that made you sick to your stomach.. but because this will be the last time you get to fully take it all in. You'll be leaving behind the chaos of what you called home. Of course that didn't bother the fact the four of you were going to leave still, but the sadness still gripped at your heart. "Who is ready for tomorrow?" You asked as your eyes still kept glancing around the place.

        "Whether we're ready or not doesn't matter. We have to get out of here and I know for sure we all will." Levi pipped in for once. He looked at you with coldness and dedication. No matter what he was going to get the people he was closest to- out.

        "We'll finally get to see the sky.. the puffy clouds that we've heard about. Many other things.." Isabel said in a dreamy voice. Her bubbly factor tuned down to a mellow persona. We were all day-dreaming about what we would witness above ground. We yearned it.

        "What would we do if one of us gets left behind though?" I asked. Levi immediately glared at me and went to snap at me until Furlan intervened.

        "That's the thing- we won't let that happen. All of us will make it up there. There won't be any 'ifs' or 'buts'.. WE will make it." Furlan said as he grabbed my hand. He made me look at him and the despair that lingered in his eyes made me feel comforted. "We will." My eyes started to burn due to the years that were rising up. It lingered as Furlan didn't look away from me. I knew he wanted me to understand that not a single one of us is getting left behind. We were going up there together.