Five

Completely out of breath Y/n arrives in her sleeping alcove. For a second she stands still, her hand still anxiously clutching the strap of her bag. Her breath comes out in irregular patterns and the Hufflepuff starts pacing the room.

Had Sirius seen the same thing? Was it possible for two persons to see the same prophecy – if it even was a prophecy?

"What should I do, what should I do?"

Images of Sirius beautiful alabaster but scarred skin flash before her eyes. And those amber, glowing eyes, so similar to the ones who were looking at her just a few minutes ago. That one bite mark, that looked like a wild animal had slashed its teeth into Sirius' flesh. Like a raging wolf.

A wolf.

In one quick motion, Y/n kneels down and pulls out 'Magical bite wounds and how to distinguish them' from underneath her bed. Her fingers hesitantly trace the letters on its cover. But then her curiosity gets the best of her and she opens the book, searching the register for "W".

Page 312

XXXXX creatures

WEREWOLF

A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope, is a human being who, upon the complete rising of the full moon, becomes an uncontrollable, fearsome and deadly wolf. This condition is caused by infection with lycanthropy. It is spread by contact between saliva and blood; thus, when a transformed werewolf bites a human, the bitten will become a werewolf themselves.

Any bite or scratch obtained from a werewolf, whether in human or animal form, will leave permanent scars. However, the fresh wound can be sealed with a mixture of powdered silver and dittany. -> See illustrations 1 and 4 for typical bite marks

As if in a trance, Y/n's eyes are fixed on the sketches of werewolf bite marks. They are the exact same type as Sirius' scars.

A shocked gasp leaves her lips.

Sirius. A werewolf. Sirius Black is a werewolf.

It had been obvious really. Him being out on full moons and returning from god knows where with bleeding wounds and scratches. The countless silvery scars scattered on his body.

How had she not seen it? His anxious stammering when she had asked him if the wounds were a repetitive thing. Sirius Black was a werewolf.

Y/n lets out a breath she didn't realise she'd been holding in.

Now her dream made sense too. It hadn't been a dog, but a wolf. Somehow her sub conscience must have already known and tried to tell her.

How was she going to treat this newly obtained information? She couldn't possibly just walk up to Sirius and say: "Hey, I know you're a werewolf, when were you going to tell me?"

No, she would keep his secret and see if an opportunity presented itself for her to bring it up.

The next full moon was in three days. Surely he would be wandering around the castle then, like the last two times she met him in the greenhouses.

All she needed until then was patience, dittany and some silver powder.

~~~

"Moony, you alright?"

"M'fine"

"Lean on me, I'll help you back to the castle."

"Thanks James"

"No problem, mate"

A few minutes ago, the sun had risen, drenching the grounds surrounding Hogwarts in a golden glow. Four figures were hurrying back to the castle, two of them supporting their friend. His head hangs down in exhaustion and they have to stop every few steps to help straighten him up again.