Chapter 4

A/N:

Hey. I'm sorry for the late update. Turned out I had a lumbar sprain on my lower back. I'm currently having a super painful backpain, I can't even sit or walk properly :" so I feel like I do al lot of things even slower lately. please bear with me :") I'm going to write more soon. Hopefully my sprain will get better and I hope you enjoy this chapter! cheers.

McLaren Technology Center, Woking

United Kingdom.

Carlos was sitting next to Lando in the meeting room with Zak and their other bosses. The Spaniard holding his chin and biting his lips, trying to hold his giggles at the younger teammate. Lando sat there with face flushed and red ears, facing down, unable to form words to reply to his team principal.

"Ok, stop teasing him, Carlos. Lando, you don't need to explain. We basically got the idea of what happened," Zak said in a calm and assuring tone.

That just made him feel even worse. That means all of the staff and higher-ups here knew what happened in his stream. "We're not mad, Lando," Zak said again with an even more assuring tone.

Due to his businessman nature, Zak was pretty okay with the whole chaos in social media when one of his drivers pulled out a peach colored lingerie in his livestream. He thought that considering he's still young and also has many young fans and audience, the whole incident brought them a lot of exposure and interest instead. The internet loved it! He kept assuring Lando that there was nothing to be worried about.

After the meeting was over, Lando and Carlos took a visit at the cafeteria to buy some snacks. There were not a lot of people hanging around. "Let's get that empty seat there," Carlos pointed at the vacant tables near the lake.

They ordered the same meal like always. Carlos immediately stubbed his fork on his fruit salad once they're seated. "So what about this lingerie owner? How come you never tell me about this?" he asked straightforwardly with a deadpan facial expression, making Lando almost choke on his own fruit salad.

"Geez, Carlos. I... uh," Lando couldn't find his words again as he stammered in front of Carlos. "Judging by your reaction, it feels like she's someone important, huh?" The older driver assumed.

"No, no. Not at all. She's just a neighbor. We barely know each other. We've just met a couple of times before and..." he paused. "Oh, god, it was so stupid of me," he brushed his face roughly, trying to erase that embarrassing memory from his brain forever.

Carlos waited patiently while eating his fruit salad in silence. Eyes planted onto his teammate.

"Her name is Darlene Harper." Lando sighed.

"Is she pretty?" Carlos straightforwardly asked about the visual. "What does she look like?"

Lando let his mind wander about her features. "She's pretty. She has a little pointed noise and a little mole under her eyes. Her hair is a dark brown color and usually put into a bun, a messy one. She's studying design graphics, maybe that explains the glasses she sometimes wears. Also, she's way shorter than me, about here," he pointed at his shoulder.

Carlos squinted his eyes and put his utensils down. "I didn't expect it to be this detailed but mate, I can see stars in your eyes when you describe her. Do you have a crush on her?" he asked bluntly again.

"What the hell? No!" Lando looked away and felt his stomach tingled. He didn't just lie, right? He meant... he wasn't sure of his feelings yet so that's certainly not lying. "We can say... I'm a little interested. That's all."