Chapter 9: Dresses

"I'm not wearing that."

"Like hell, you aren't. Remember when I said you have to follow customs, well this is one of them." Serena was staring at the most flamboyant, oversized dress she'd ever seen in her life.

"Let me guess I have to wear a corset with that." She was joking, Phillip was not. "You said I'm supposed to be a trendsetter, so why don't we compromise. I'll wear my nicest dress, and you can pick the tierra if you like."

"Doesn't sound like much of a compromise," he grumbled.

"Do you truly want me to wear that?"

"No, you'd look like my mother, but I get to pick the new one."

"Are you serious," Serena demanded, folding her arms.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Out of the many formal dresses hanging you chose that one, the only one I want to burn." It was a thin pale blue dress, with a slit open to the knee.

"It's beautiful though."

"Then I have another just like it in lilac."

"What about this one," he asked holding up a dark blue halter dress, with a golden forest on the bottom; birds scattering out of the trees.

"Prince Phillip, a fight broke out on the upper deck," a messenger panted, falling over himself to bow.

"Between who," Serena blurted, why did Phillip need to end it.

"Captain Morgan and Alec."

"Enough," Phillip bellowed, putting himself between the bloodied captain and the unharmed assassin. They were both still on edge neither one prepared to back down. "That's an order." Alec smirked at the captain, sheathing the small dagger he had. It sent him over the edge. Morgan charged but was knocked back by a gust of wind and detained by the crew. "Lock him in his room till we reach the city; he needs time to cool off."

The captain bucked and screamed wildly, "You'll pay, you'll all pay." He must have been mad, there was no other way to explain it. Phillip was talking to Alec about what had just happened, something about the captain harassing him. She didn't pay attention though as the mountain range started to form over the horizon.