Chapter 8: When Charms Saved Our Life

In Professor Flitwick's class. Filtwick is very short, and is standing on a bunch of books to make up for his stature and to see the class.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" He directed, Hermione raises hers. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." He ordered.

"The swish and flick." Everyone said including Professor Flitwick.

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." The class begin to enunciate and doing the movements on their feathers.

"Wingardium Levio-saaa." Draco said from across the room.

"Wingardrium Leviosar!" Me and Ron said in unison, but Ron waves his wand really fast numerous times. My eyes widen and moved a little. Hermione stops him.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're both saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar."

"You do it then if you're so clever." Ron encourage annoyed.

I folded my arms and nodding my head. "Go on, go on." Hermione straightens up and swishes her wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa." Hermione cited the spell and the feather glows and lifts up.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" Professor Flitwick boasted.

I rolled my eyes and rest my elbow on the table putting my chin in my palm annoyed. Ron puts his head on his books dejectedly. Seamus begins swishing at his feather.

"Wingard Levosa." Seamus said

"Well done, dear." Flitwick complimenting another student.

An almighty explosion flashes. Professor Flitwick gasps, I, Ron and Hermione turn to the source of the explosion.

"Whooaaa! Ooh." Professor Flitwick said

Seamus is charred again with his feather, now smoldering to ashes.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry said shocked.

I, Neville, Harry, Ron, and Seamus are walking through the courtyard with other students all around.

"It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar." I said mimicking Hermione.

"She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" Ron said annoyed Hermione rushes past Ron, hugging her books and sniffing.

"I think she heard you." Harry said and I nodded

"I'll be back" I told them as Harry nodded as I started to jog the same way Hermione went.

"Where's he going?" Ron asked

"No clue?" Harry answered

I walked into the girls bathroom.

"Hermione?" I whispered.

"Are you in here?" I said walking more into the bathroom and heard sniffing from one of the stalls.

"Go away." I heard a familiar voice but filled with a breaking voice.

"Hermione..." I said walking towards the stall she was in and stand at the door.

It was quiet for a few moments and then I finally said something.

"I'm sorry..." I said looking down at the ground. "We- I didn't mean to make you cry...can you forgive me...please?"