Chapter 10: Happy Christmas and Norbert

It is now Christmas at Hogwarts, with snow falling. Hermione and I walk into the Great Hall entrance with our luggage and wearing a scarf as the ghosts are singing Christmas songs.

"Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Ring the Hogwart bell. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas..." the ghost singed

I look at the massive Christmas tree as Flitwick uses his wand to put another ornament on the tree. Harry and Ron were playing wizard chess and we walk towards them.

"Knight to E5." Harry says the knight moves to its destination. Hermione walks up behind Harry. I walk up behind Ron.

"Queen to E5." Ron said with a smug face. We watch as Ron's queen goes over to Harry's knight and whacks the knight with her chair. Ron grins.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione said with a shocked face.

"No, that's bloody wicked!" I said in awe

"That's wizard's chess." Ron says looking at Hermione and turns his head to me."I see you've two packed."

"See you haven't." Hermione said

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

"Good, you can help Harry, then. He's going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel."

"We've looked a hundred times."

She leans over on the table closer to Ron and Harry.
"Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas." Hermione leaves.

Ron looks at me and Harry. "I think we've had a bad influence on her." I snickered

"Harry, look under your bed on Christmas morning I left you something, Happy Christmas guys." I smiled and walked away.

On the train I sat with Hermione, she was reading I layed there bored and I turn my head over to her.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked

She looks over at me confused. "Bill Bryson Travels in Europe Neither Here nor There."

"What's it about?"

"Are you bored?"

"A little..but mostly fascinated"

"It's a documentary about Bill Bryson tour of Europe, with flashbacks to two summer tours he made in 1972 and 1973 in his college days."

"Brilliant" I said sitting up from my seat.

"What?"

"I said brilliant" I said getting up to sit next to her.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna read it with you, what you think I'm doing?"

She sighs and she sits closer for I can see the book "Do you mind starting from the beginning?" I asked as she turns the pages back to chapter one. She already quickly reads it. "You read quick"