EP 5

Lan Jingyi felt the cold sweat soaked his back instantly.

The trip had been smooth. During the two days of searching, HanGuang Jun and Senior Wei asked them to search for spirits and monsters with new Wind Evil Plate on their own. Senior Wei also pointed out a lot of key points by soil and traces. Everyone gathered around the bonfire to share the pickled civet cats specially made by HanGuang Jun for Senior Wei. It was as easy as a planned final test. The most wonderful thing was that when took turns on duty at night, Senior Wei told him a lot of interesting things about Yun Shen's school days. Lan Jingyi thought that after returning home, he would immediately become a "Wangxian expert" among his peers and was complacent, completely forgetting that this night hunting object might be very dangerous.

At this moment, the wind in the forest seemed to have stopped. The color of the leaves was as black as ink, layered upon layer, blocking most of the sunlight, the light in the forest was dim and gloomy, and the twelve-directional open flame talisman burned, bursting out small lanterns.

In the eyes of the Lan clan disciples, night hunting was classified into three levels:

The first category: beginner. The characteristic wass that Senior Wei hid behind the juniors or HanGuang Jun, demanding protection of "a weak man with low spiritual power".

The second category: Intermediate. Senior Wei would stand side by side with HanGuang Jun to protect them in the formation.

The third category. Lan Jingyi hadn't encountered it before, but just listened to Sizhui and Jin Ling talked about it. During the encounter of Jin Ling, it was said that Wei Wuxian rushed forward and blocked in front of Lan Wangji, while Bichen was faster, and instantly solved the opponent. Jin Ling complained, saying that he was not given a chance to play. In the case of Si Zhui's encounter, although Wei Wuxian first protected Lan Wangji behind him, he quickly decided to let Si Zhui them attack. So Si Zhui and his seniors experienced "the most difficult battle". After they returned to Yunshen, two people had nightmares when thought of it.

The situation wass similar now.

Wei Wuxian suddenly made a gesture of "stop moving forward" gesture, moved aside to stand in front of Lan Wangji.

According to the legend, "Senior Wei will subconsciously protect HanGuang Jun in the third kind of night hunting."

Wei Wuxian hadn't even brought Chenqing to his lips, but for no reason, Lan Jingyi felt the murderous air surrounding him. He was like some kind of beast ready to go, full of tension and fighting spirit. That was a powerful aura that could be hammered out by countless blood and fire. Just a casual turning of the flute, it seemed to contain unfathomable power.

The person in front of him was not only their Senior Wei, but also the frightening ancestor of Yiling, a legend on the battlefield of Shooting-Sun War.

Lan Wangji moved a step slightly, flipping the zitther in his hand, and quietly drew Bichen out of the sheath, hanging flat beside Wei Wuxian.

Lan Sizhui and the other three juniors quickly formed a square formation, while Lan Jingyi and Ouyang Zizhen stood back to back in front of the formation. This was arranged in advance by Wei Wuxian. Sizhui was rigorous and calm. He led the three juniors and took care of each other.

Zizhen was not a member of the Lan clan, and was not familiar with the Lan clan formation. But he had been with Jingyi many times in the night hunting, and had a tacit understanding, so they two people made a group to have mobile support. All six had drawn their swords. Although they hadn't sensed anything,their hair erected.

"Shasha..." A strange sound came from the dense forest ahead. The top of the trees in the distance began to shake.

Two paper puppets slipped out of Wei Wuxian's sleeves. He held the paper figures to his lips and let out a light breath. The paper figures swelled. Wei Wuxian used a cinnabar pen to write a series of runes on the back of the paper puppets, and then cut his fingers to draw the eyes of the paper puppets.