Chapter Three

Chase is missing. He's supposed to be with his students, teaching them how to control their bionics, but he's missing, and now they're messing around near the hydroloop. Leo's trying to round them up, but his angry outbursts fall of deaf ears because the students are finally away from their crazy teacher. 

"What's going on?" Adam asks, stopping next to me. I glance up at him to see a frown on his face. "Why are Chase's students acting like that?"

One of the students manages to lift Leo above his head. I stifle my laughter when Leo's eyes locks onto mine, mouthing the words, "Help me." I nudge Adam and say, "You should probably go save Leo from the angry mob."

"You never answered my question, Bree!"

I sigh. "Chase is currently missing in action and his students are misbehaving." I look back over at Leo, and I actually allow my laughter to ring in the air. "Though, I think what they're doing to Leo is hilarious, so I'm not sure if you should go save Leo or not."

"Wait, is Chase alright?" Adam asks, his eyes widening in panic. 

"I'm sure he's fine, but he's not here right now," I say, rolling my eyes, "so, I'm trying to find him."

Adam relaxes and crosses his arms over his chest, glaring at me. He doesn't look very intimidating, though, because he's my older brother, and I know he wouldn't try to cross me. "And Bree, I thought we talked about this. You and Leo need to work it out yourselves without fighting with each other."

"Adam!" Leo yells. The student's laughter comes out as a roar, making Leo yelp. His crazy eyes flicker from Adam and me to the students and back. "Someone, help me!"

Shoving Adam forward, I flash him a quick grin when he glares at me. He doesn't say anything else, though, and heads over to Leo. I lean back against the metal wall that blocks this main entrance from the rest of the academy, my grin widening when I see Leo fall to the ground with a loud thud. He stares up at Adam, his mouth wide open. Adam shrugs, turning on his heel and walking back to me. 

"Good job," I say, holding my hand out for a high five. Adam complies, but nearly knocks me over from the force of it. "So, do you know where Chase might be?"

Adam shakes his head, saying, "Emmie's missing, too."

Of course. Why didn't I think about that earlier? It's been a few days since Emmie's been here, but she hasn't been truly alone with her boyfriend -- aka, my brother. Over the past few days, I've seen the heart eyes both of them had for each other, and they're both missing, so that can't be a coincidence. 

Anger courses through my veins at the thought of them. Chase knew he had a class today. My brothers and I have a responsibility of teaching these kids everything we know about being bionic heroes, and Chase is not doing his job because his girlfriend is here. I get that they haven't seen each other in months, but there's more than enough time during the week when Chase doesn't have a class that they can do their couple-y things. 

Leo picks himself off of the floor, grimacing as he makes his way over to Adam and me. He places a hand on his back, looking like an old man who needs a cane. "Did you enjoy the show, Bree?" he asks, glaring at me. 

"Duh," I say, forcing a laugh out of my lips. I didn't want him or Adam to hear the anger in my voice. "The one person that I really dislike being knocked around and picked up by Chase's group of students? Ugh, I wish I got that on video. Maggie would've loved to see that." Leo's eyes sharpen. Adam gasps slightly, but I only grin at Leo, not caring how much I hurt him. "Too bad, though."

"You know what?" Leo says, his voice growing louder and higher pitched. "You're going to pay for that, Bree Davenport!"

"Yeah? Come at me, bro!"