The Summer That Changed My Life

I've been staying at Rosie's house for the whole summer. I did it last year too. My mom and I have drifted apart. She's always working, and when I'm at home, she's always in a bad mood. Although I understand why, so I don't yell at her wlhen she yells at me. I just take her screaming silently.

The night after I got home from school, my mom yelled at me for about a half hour about how one of the neighbors saw my hair pink when I was at King's Cross. When I thought she was asleep, I cried silently in my room, then she came in.

"Sweety, please stop crying." She says and holds me. "Look, I've decided to go to therapy. Why don't you go to Rosie's house for the summer? When you get home, I'll be good as new."

After that, I came to Rosie's house. We live close to each other, like 6 blocks away.

Everyone has been so kind to me. Everyone has been making me feel like a part of the family. The older kids, the ones who have finished school (these include Victoire, Dominique, Louis and Molly), treat me as if I was one of their younger cousins. Teddy, again, treats me like the sister he never had, protecting me from harm at every turn. Roxy and Lucy are going into 6th year while James and Fred are entering their last year at Hogwarts. I'm gonna miss them. Fred has still continued to make advances at me, and now that I am of the appropriate age, it's not as weird to me. It's still annoying, but not as much.

Of course Rosie, Al and I are inseperable. We've become like siblings as well. Since Rosie is the oldest and the smartest, she always bugs us about school and responsibilities. Al listens to her more than I do. Al, as the sweetest one of the group and the one with some *cough cough* anger issues, is the one that I protect more and the one that Rose is not as hard on. I, as the "toughest" one and the rebel, am the one who goes after whoever bullies one of us. (Usually, that's Malfoy. I. Don't. Like. That. Kid.) I'm also the one that Rosie has to go looking for when I haven't done my homework.

Hugo and Lily are entering their third year at Hogwarts. These are me younger siblings. Last year, Lily told me that some fourth year Slytherin bimbo was harrassing her, so I harrassed her right back (though I made it seem like she was being haunted and wrote "Leave Lily Luna Alone, OR ELSE!" in fake blood on the wall over her bed. I have a friend in Slytherin named Jessica Abbott who hates the girl, so she let me in the room.) Everyone knows to stay away from Hugo and Lily, because they have an army behind them.

Finally, the parents. They are so great at being parents. When I came here a couple weeks ago, Mrs. Hermione and Mrs. Ginny decided to take me shopping because she thought I needed it to get over the thing with my mother. Mr. Ron and Mr. Harry learned about how my father left me, and they assured me that any father would be lucky to have me as their daughter. Victoire introduced me to her parents, Mr. Bill and Mrs. Fleur, and they were very nice. Mrs. Fleur was very fashion foward, just like Victoire, and she used me as a doll and tried different hairstyles on me. It was really cool because I've never done anything like that with anyone. I met Lucy and Molly's parents, Mr. Percy and Mrs. Audrey. I pointed out to them that Molly has Mrs. Audrey's warm and bubbly personality, while Lucy has Mr. Percy's strict, no nonsense attitude. Mr. Percy pointed out that I was just like Mr. George and his deceased twin brother Fred I, which lead to an awkward hug from Mr. Percy. Last but not least, Mr. George and Mrs. Angelina have taken a liking to me. He says that Fred and I make excellent partners-in-crime, though he emphasized the word partner. Mrs. Angelina laughed and told him to stop harrasing me, but then she said it would be great if Fred and I could be partners-in-crime for a really long time. Though they are sketchy, they are great people.

Which is why I decided to make each of them something nice. Today, they are all coming to the house to have dinner, and before the guest arrive, I ask Mrs. Hermione if I could go to my house for some supplies.