31- A bigger one

Natalie's P.O.V.

I watched as Jax fell to the floor. It was oddly satisfying seeing him laying there knowing he could never touch me again.

"NATALIE?" John yelled, making me jump, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I asked you if anyone else touched you?" He said, trying to stay calm.

"No... just him."

John put the gun in his back pocket, "WATCH HER!" He yelled before storming off into a different room.

"Sit!" Lance, another one of John's most trusted guys demanded. "Are you alright?" He whispered.

I nodded my head. Lance was the nicest of them all. He would always be there to help me off the floor if John hit me or brought me pain medication if I needed it.

I looked over at Ray, he motioned at John's door. I looked over at Lance, "Do you think I can go talk to John?"

He sighed, "I don't think it's a good idea, he just killed his brother for you... why didn't you tell me Jax was doing that to you?"

"What would that have done, Lance? He was your brother too... Why would you believe anything I said? I mean you watched John hurt me for years and did nothing."

"He's the Boss, I couldn't." He closed his eyes. "Come on, we can see if he wants to talk to you."

I got up, following him to the room John was in. "John, can Natalie come in?"

John opened the door and motioned for me to come in. It must have been an office... There was a desk and a few chairs but that was it. Nothing like his office at home.

"I'm sorry he did that to you." He said, shutting the door.

I looked at him confused, "How is that any different than the way you used to treat me, at least he didn't hit me or make me bleed while he fucked me?"

"You're my wife, you belong to me! He had no right touching you."

"I agree with you just like you had no right hurting me like you did. Every time you came home smelling like another woman or when you beat me for no reason. I loved you, John... and you broke my heart." My voice cracked. I held back the tears, he wasn't worth tears anymore.

He sat down behind his desk, thinking about my words. "I've already told you, I know I screwed up. I'm willing to change, please come home and I'll be better."

I shook my head, I wanted to laugh at all the times I've heard that and how many times I actually believed him. "What happened, John? I know you didn't just change overnight. You are not the same man I first met. So what happened?"

"I've always been like this. I just hid it really well from you! There... are you happy now?"

"No!"

"Natalie, believe me when I say I really do love you, that's why I'm never letting you go."

I sat on his desk, turning so the camera was pointing right at him. "I'm sorry I ran."

"Why were you even talking to that cop?" John questioned.

"Who... William Porter?"

He rolled his eyes, "Yes, baby. Porter was trying to take you away from me."

"He was trying to help me. When you shot and killed him in that alley, I didn't know what to do. I got scared, so I ran."

He stood up directly in front of me, "Porter deserved that bullet I put in his head. He's lucky I even let the cops find his body." Running his hands through my hair he roughly grabbed a hold of a chunk forcing my head back.