【chapter 10】

BONUS- Piper's POV

Sitting at home was no fun for me. I lived in a big apartment, not a penthouse like Leo, but my apartment was big enough for me and all my extra-ness. The thing about my house is-I don't look like I have a rich mom. In fact, I don't look like my mom at all. The snatched makeup icon you see on those billboards? You know, Aphrodite? I'll let you in on a secret. Her name is actually Bethany-Rose. Yup. Apparently, she didn't "identify" with the name Bethany-Rose. It is hilarious when my grandma calls her. "Beth-Rose, you better not be mixing foundation again! That was an embarrassing trip to the ER."

Well, she is my mom. Sorry for getting off-track there. My second cousin on my mom's side, Reyna, lives in Puerto Rico, so we always talk trash about my mom and Reyna's mom behind her back.

Today I had theater, and Calypso already sent me the perfect excuse to tell our director for missing the first rehearsal: She had to get a tooth pulled. By next Thursday, she will definitely be there. 

On the topic of Calypso, I was still unsure about, you know, what had happened. We all acted like it was nothing but I'm no fool. Being kidnapped by your toxic abusive boyfriend, now ex, would cause PTSD. Which is no joke. With this load of stuff on my mind, I quickly texted Jason. 

Jason was normal, unlike everyone else in our little friend group. We like to joke that someday he'll die from being so normal. The quirky toxins we radiate will infect him. He also happened to be my boyfriend. To be fair, he was a wonderful boyfriend. He was sort of classic, getting me flowers, chocolate on Valentines day, all that. But, he was also fairly good in bed. Now before you freak out, we have been dating for six months now. Both of us were ready, and we felt like we had reached that place. Which is rare, for me actually.

Anyways, I texted Jason a simple "Hey sparky ;) " and slipped my phone to my pocket and threw on a coat.

**Bonus POV over, Calypso's POV now**

"Zoe, make sure you call me as soon as you're on the way home. We have some things to talk about."

I left her a message, hoping she would open it after her Archery practice.

Drake was getting put on trial and it was going to be a whole situation. We were both witnesses, so was Leo. I'm not sure how I feel about Leo after he...kind of saved my life. I don't want to hate him anymore. I feel like Leo and I should talk. Honestly, I really want to. I'm going to invite him over. I feel like physically need to talk to him. But nobody else just...just him.

I picked up my phone, debating it. I looked at his contact in my phone. I stopped thinking and just pressed call. It felt like it rang for an unbearably long time. He would probably think I was weird. Who calls people anymore? 

He finally picked up.

"Hey," he said his tone gentle. "How are you Calypso?" I hesitated. "I'm feeling better, actually. A lot better."  I said. I was being honest. I was sitting on the couch right now, watching Schitt's Creek, and feeling okay. I had some coffee next to me, and I just sat with my dog.

"I feel like it never happened, you know?" I said fast. "No, actually. I don't know. I wouldn't know, Cal. I can't imagine what it must've been like." he said. "I just, I don't know what I can do. Please, you can talk to me though." he reassured. I broke down. "I'm so scared. I know he's going on trial and all this...all this stuff with Hermes Stoll and the murder it feels so off to me. I just don't want to lose anyone else." I said. "And my sister...god poor Zoe. I can't bear for her to look at me anymore. I can't-" I was sobbing at this point. I felt like I was back in Drake's house, my skin turning purple as the ghostly voices of our past laughter filled my head. "I trusted him, Leo. I thought he loved me. But then I found out he cheated on me with some girl named Elizabeth and i got so mad...I yelled and screamed but then he started gaslighting me and texting me and we got back together and then that's when he started being...like that." I said through shaky breaths. Leo still hadn't reacted. "Cal...that's awful. Do you want to go for coffee soon so we can talk about it more? Like next week. 

He was feeling uncomfortable. I knew it. "Uh...yeah that's totally fine," i said wiping my tears. "Bye, Leo." I said, and immediately hung up. Then I sat there, shaking and crying, the walls feeling like they were closing in on me. 

Then outside, I heard a huge boom.

Suspense time! Next chapter will hopefully be up next weekend. thank you so much if you are still enjoying the book, I know I went on a NINE MONTH hiatus but I did not have access to socials during my lacrosse tour and a few other things came up...like a big birthday and a new boyfriend??? Okayyy go me. but seriously, so sorry to anyone who was looking forward to this for literally almost a year. I hope you'll enjoy this!! 

~ g