Chapter 14

Korra stopped her jogging and clicked her fingers at her side where Naga slowly strolled over and planted herself down by her feet.
"I am so sorry, Naga didn't squash you did she?"

Asami glanced at the dark haired woman standing next to Korra. She didn't realise that they were somewhat friends. If it was even possible, Asami would say the woman looked even more serious outside of school than she did inside. It was like she was lining up for inspection at a military base, head held high, hands clasped behind her back, Kuvira was too serious to be a teacher for younger children. It was almost scary.

Asami shook her head and giggled.
"No she didn't it's alright." She gazed down to her son.
"And I'm sorry if Hiro caused you any trouble."

She was expecting Korra to answer but it was Kuvira who spoke first.
"He got himself lost in that forest over there."

Asami pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. Of course, the forest, why didn't she think of that.
"Yeah, it's hard to keep an eye on him when he's always running around everywhere."

Korra chuckled at her remark and knelt down and started to stroke Naga's head.
"I understand, he's a sprinter. Naga found him before we did." Naga added to Korra's comment with a bark.

There was an odd sensation building up in her chest and it wasn't the good kind. Asami could feel a pair of green eyes burn into the side of her head, she didn't look up to meet them: instead she kept her eyes onto Korra and her bright smile.

Kuvira looked at the woman, examined her like a piece of gold. She took in her features, dark hair, green eyes: then her body language. The woman was almost distant when Kuvira was here, keeping herself a few steps away from the serious woman, barely even making eye contact.

Kuvira sighed to herself, it was obvious that Asami didn't feel 'comfortable' whilst she was around. Kuvira wanted to see if she could grab information from her, but clearly this is something Korra should do on her own. She cleared her throat, stopping the conversation between the two women.
"I best be off otherwise I'll be late to meet my friends." She lied, earning a confused expression from Korra.
"I'll see you guys on Monday."

Korra and Asami waved as the woman walked away.
"I didn't realise you two were friends." Asami said, somewhat relieved that Kuvira was gone. Her presence was intimidating.

"We're not.. really. Kuvira happened to be out on a walk when I was too." Korra replied, watching her dog and Hiro play together on the field.
"So when is Hiro's swimming lessons?"

"How'd you know?"

Korra chuckled and pointed to the bag that was slung around Asami's shoulder. Asami soon caught on, realising that Korra had seen that bag before.
"We're supposed to be there in ten minutes, I thought we would've been late when he ran off." Asami explained.
"How did Naga find him? And how did she find me?"

The two women seated themselves down onto the park bench, like they had done a week before.
"I trained her to do that. I tend to lose things a lot so I trained Naga to find a scent and track it." Naga was originally supposed to be a drug dog; tracking down illegal substances was Korra's top priority in her first years with the forces. But it was the one mission that got Korra promoted. The mission where Naga didn't just find the substances, but also the owner of thes substances as well; he had himself piled into a bin in order to escape the cops after him. Naga found him with ease that day.
"She knows you and Hiro."

"That's.. really impressive."

Minutes past and the time for Asami and Hiro to head off was coming near. Korra whistled her two note tune and sooner or later Naga came scampering back: both of them expected Hiro to be chasing after her but he was no where to be seen. Asami sighed into her hands.
"Not again."