childhood memories

Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show
Give me a million reasons
Giving me a million reasons
About a million reasons

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In 2018 Ruby was the biggest title contender. She drove for DAMS partnering Alex Albon. In race 12 in Austria she had a big accident. No one knew why but she hit the wall on the straight just before Turn 1...

Ruby POV the week before:
It's Tuesday after the French GP. I had to join our Team at Ruaudin. I felt sick the whole weekend but i could manage finishing 3rd and 1st in the two races. And since Sunday my health went worse. I talked a lot to my team mate Alex Albon and our mutual best friend George Russel. I threw up every morning since two weeks. They convinced me to take a pregnancy test. The last time I slept with someone was after my shunt in the Sunday Monaco race back in May. 

~You sure? I mean we race each other next year- are you really sure about it? I put my arms around his neck and pulled him down and kissed him. After making out for some more minutes our clothes were flying around the room. He pushed me onto the bed as he came closer and....~

"Ruby, two minutes are over!" I heared a knock on the bathroom door. Alex brought me some pregnancy tests and promised me to take them together with me. I slowly opened the door and he looked at me. I just held up the two tests and a tear started rolling down my face. "T-t-they a-are p-o-s" as I started to cry. Alex pulled me into his arms and gave me a tight hug. "we need to tell your engineers and our boss Francois." I nodded. I went back into the bathroom and washed my face with cold water. When I looked in the mirror I looked like a ghost, but here goes nothing.

"Francois, we need to have a talk" I knocked on his door and entered. My engineer was with me, so was Alex. As I was in the room Francois nodded to the conference table in his office. "I'm pregnant. I'm so sorry, I don't wont to let the team down. It's my mistake. I take the full blame on it!" I started to cry. Francois came over and pulled me into a hug. "It's fine. Take your time. Just think about everything and tell us after this weekend how you want to proceed." I calmed down and then i noticed Alex rubbing my back. "Thank you so much for your support".

Fast forward to the weekend

Yesterday i got the pole and came 4th in the race. but I had a horrible night. I couldn't sleep and my thoughts were running all over the place. As we were in the same hotel as the F1 teams I went up and got to my fellow Australian Daniel Ricciardo. I told him at the beginning of the week what happened and he was there for me. He always is. I knocked at the door and he opened it right quickly. "Awww Ruby, come here! Tell me your worries. We'll find a solution". After this I bursted out in tears. After a few minutes i calmed down. Daniel handed me a glass of water and signaled me to join him in the bed. Completely exhausted I laid down and he stroke my head. "Thanks Dan! thanks for just being there and not asking things." he just nodded and started to play with my hair. He knows, this calms me down. 
"What do you want to tell you boss tomorrow?" i just shrug but deep on the inside I already knew what to say. "By the way - who is the father?" he asked. i started to laugh "after my shunt in Monaco I got drunk and made out with a random guy I met in the bar. I don't know." I lied to him. I now what happened and I know who I slept with. "I want to keep it." I suddenly answered Daniel. He hugged me and then whispered "I'm happy that you wanna keep him or her. I'm always there for you. I hope you know this. When back in Straya don't hesitate to call my mom. She'll help you through it. I know your situation and you know, that you're a part of our family!" 

~"Darling, darling! Can you come down?" my mum yelled upstairs. I was in my room playing with my best friend Cooper. "Darling!" she yelled again. But I didn't wanna answer. We played F1 videogames and I was about to win. I couldn't go down. I haven't talked to her in weeks. She just put the food in front of my door and i put the empty plate back there. I was racing in New Zealand's Toyota Racing Series but my mum didn't like it. I told her, that I got an contract offer from DAMS for Formula 3 and Formula Asia. She hated it that I was racing. She didn't want me to, but I didn't care. Without her knowing I signed the contract. I will turn 18 in three days. I already packed my stuff and on the day I turn 18 I will move to Europe. I never told her but I will disappear then....~

"Earth to Ruby" Daniel said. I was daydreaming. "You wanna stay over tonight?" he asked me. I just nodded and he put back the duvet. We knew each other for a long time so it wasn't weird to share a bed or to spend the night in a room. He laid out his arm and I was able to snuggle up against him. He stroke my back which made me quite tired. My eyelids got very heavy and I drifted away in a peaceful sleep.
As the sun began to rise my alarm got off. Daniel slowly opened his eyes and smiled. "Hope you smash it today and you'll make the right decision." After thanking him again I went back to my room and got ready for the track.
Today was the first day I didn't feel sick in the morning. I was happy about it. 

After showering got dressed in my teamwear and headed to the lobby. I saw Francois there and went over to him. "I made a decision"  showed me the way around and we sat down on a quiet corner of the lobby. "I wanna keep it. So I'll go to an doctor back in France on Monday and I'll let you know what the plan is then." He nodded at me and told me "I'm so happy for you. We're always here for you. We support you as good as we can!"