<chapter 12>

Who wants to make an ig group chat with all of us?

I woke up feeling something heavy on me. I opened my eyes and saw Luke sleeping on me, his head on my belly and his arms around my waist while my hand was buried in his face. I groaned and pushed him off so I can stand up. "A little more..." Luke mumbled and pulled me close again. "I have to get home, I am gone for like 3 days" I explained in a sleepy voice and he groaned letting me go.

I got up still in his clothes and left from his window. I got to mine and got in my room. I grabbed my guitar, sat on my bed and took out the paper with his lyrics. I started writing

Here in front of me,                                                                                                                                                                Shining so much brighter that I've ever seen.                                                                                                            Life can be so mean,                                                                                                                                                              But when he goes, I know he doesn't leave.

And then I had singer's block. I sang it with my guitar and actually liked how it sounded but I couldn't help but think: Who the lyrics that he wrote are about? And do mine mean anything? I decided to let that go for now and left the lyrics on my bed next to my guitar.

I went downstairs and made myself a toast. I was home alone, again. Has my family forgotten about me or something? "What the fuck is this?!" I heard someone shout which scared the hell out of me. I saw Luke walking down the stairs angry. "How did you even get in?" I asked giggling but he didn't seem to find in funny. "Window. Now explain yourself" he commanded and sat me down on the couch. "About what?" I asked confused. "Well, I got in just to come and see you because you left me fucking alone in the morning! And when I got in your room I saw my fucking lyrics on your bed!" H e shouted in my face.

"Okay jeez, no need to shout I am sorry. I just liked them and didn't think you would get so angry" I answered calmly, "Oh you knew damn well what you were doing! You just wanted to get into my personal life!" He fired at me and I frowned. "No I didn't. I just liked the song! And also I wouldn't care If you want someone else so screw you" I replied getting mad as he kept blaming me. "Yeah sure you just liked the song. Maybe next time don't touch my stuff and I won't be angry!" he continued. "Well it's not my fault that you have issues!" I finally shouted back. "What does that mean?!" he yelled, "Well, you are shouting, then be all cuddly, then shouting again! You are obviously bipolar!" I shouted in his face and his angry expression changed into an empty look. Fuck I shouldn't have said that. "You know nothing about me" he answered in a low voice, "I might be bipolar but you are a little bitch and I stand by that" he answered looking me in my eyes. "I hate you" I told him with tears in my eyes. "Well something we agree on" he answered sarcastically and ripped the paper in front of me. "Leave my house and don't you dare come back" I answered trying to hold back my tears. "Not planning to return in this neighborhood again" he mumbled and I looked at him confused as he walked out. 

What did he mean by that? Is he leaving, he can't leave. 

I called Flynn but she couldn't come. Alex will though. After a while of waiting he finally came. "Flynn told me what happened" he admitted getting in my room, I sighed and he sat on my bed. "You know he is bipolar, has anger issues and al, that stuff but he really went through a lot in his life. "Well that doesn't mean he can treat me like that" I replied coldly. "I know, and I won't excuse him but I think you should know the whole story" Alex admitted and I looked at him confused.

"When Luke was younger, his parents were divorced, he also had a step sister, she was 5 years younger I think. He used to live with his mother and his step dad. His step dad was literally insane though. He abused his mother and soon enough it became Luke and his sister Olivia too, I mean the abuse. He would always be home late and drunk or high. When Luke was 10, his stepdad Kevin started beating him up whenever he did something that he didn't like. Luke of course did not handle it right. He would beg his mother Emily to leave her husband and get back with his actual father Mitch but she was scared. With the years he became more abusive and the only thing Luke could do was trying to protect his mom and sister which meant he would get more beat up by his step dad. One night, Luke came home late, he was 13, he got in his old house and found his father passed out from the drugs on the couch and blood in his hands. He heard him mumble stuff like 'she was annoying' and Luke ran to his sister room only finding her dead on the floor by her own father. He is now in jail. Emily got back with Mitch and he acts like he is fine but he is not..." Alex explained and I felt tears in my eyes.

"I.. I don't know what to say..." I admitted speechless. "What I am trying to say is we have have our issues, some of us more. Try talk to him" Alex advised me and I nodded. "Thank you..." I mumbled and he hugged me. Alex left after some time and I grabbed my notebook. I tried to understand Luke's feelings, but it was hard. I mean I care about him, I love him. FUCK. Did I just say that? No-."Do I love him?" I questioned out loud and sighed. I looked outside of my window and saw him packing his stuff. I got there and he didn't look at me.

"We were supposed to not talk again, don't make this hard" he explained and continued packing. "You are not going anywhere" I replied and he frowned. "I know about your... past" I mumbled and he quickly looked at me with tears in his eyes. "It's okay" I said in a low voice and hugged him. He buried his head in my neck and grabbed me by my waist letting out sobs. I caressed his hair while he was crying. It's the first time I see him like this, I don't like seeing him sad but I am happy that he is letting his emotions out. 

After some minutes he pulled away again. "I am sorry..." he said wiping his tears and I capped his cheek. "Please don't leave" I begged him sadly but softly and he nodded giving me a hug again. "I need some days away... Will you come with me?" he asked shyly and I blushed nodding. Well we are going on a trip I guess.

How do you all feel about his past?