❥Chapter 4: 𝚒 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, ✈︎

Summary:

"There's a... man in there," Shigeru said, wiggling his finger. He sniffed before his lip pressed into a thin line, bringing his muzzle up so it covered his mouth. "He's bleeding."

In which Nezuko and Muichiro can't stand each other, and Shigeru is so very tired of their nonsense.

(Okay so here ,instead of nezuko Shigeru is the demon and nezuko a demon slayer ;w;)

"Nee-chan!"

Nezuko blinked, cursing herself for not noticing her brother's absence by her side before walking over to him, kneeling so the two were eye level. He pulled down his muzzle, working his jaw before pointing into a clearing.

"There's a... man in there," he said, wiggling his finger. Shigeru sniffed before his lip pressed into a thin line, bringing his muzzle up so it covered his mouth. "He's bleeding."

Her lips formed a small 'o' head turning to the direction her brother pointed in before she clasped his hand. "Shall we go make sure he's okay?" she asked, already moving towards the clearing. Shigeru nodded, skipping in time with her steps.

Shigeru was right though, Nezuko realized, bringing her sleeve up to her nose. The smell of his blood was so strong, so heavy... she could only imagine how it smelled to Shigeru, the boy now gripping her hand much harder than he did at first.

Her eyes widened when she saw his body, the moon almost making the serene expression on his face beautiful. Even so, the slayer was disgustingly pale, mint eyes skyward bound as his head turned to the duo. He closed his eyes then, mouth moving silently.

And then he was still.

"Shigeru hurry!" Nezuko yelled, pulling her brother towards the boy as she began to assess his wounds.

Bad. That's all she could say. His wounds were horrible. Deep cuts everywhere. Shigeru cringed, slipping off his haori before giving it to her. "I want... head pats... for this," he mumbled, and Nezuko kissed his forehead before getting Shigeru to help her carry his body to a nearby stream.

How lucky they were that no demon disturbed them, cleaning and dressing his wounds quickly. She attached his sword to her other side, passing Shigeru his box before situating the boy on her back.

They walked until the sun brushed the horizon, the small boy scurrying into his small home before Nezuko attached it to her front, sighing heavily as she continued her journey towards the closest village. She ignored the pain in her neck, the cramps in her legs, pushing forward as one foot moved in front of the other, carrying the three of them closer and closer to whatever peace they might find.

Still, it didn't stop her from collapsing at the entrance of a Wisteria House, falling on her side as to not injure the boy in front or behind her.

Her eyes were drifting shut, eyelids heavy from exhaustion when she felt a small hand on her side, patting her arm in a silent means of thanks. She would've turned to look at him had her body not protested, wincing when someone picked her up.

She panicked, hands blindly reaching for her box and new companion before they, too, were following her, each held by someone who stuck close to the man that held her.