Chapter Eight

A/N:

Sorry for the SUPER DUPER ULTRA MEGA late update... It was our finals so it was really hectic but yeah, anyways...

Enjoy reading!!!

-------------

Fretzielle's Point of View:

I was busy rummaging through my things to check all my tools to bring while Lilia was brushing my long blonde curly hair.

"So how many days will take for you to land on the Celtia Kingdom?" she asked.

I stopped and looked at her through the mirror. "Well, since we're traveling through the ship, it will atleast take four days to land to the port."

She smiled at me and pointed Lewis, lying on the carpet and was playing with his dagger. "And you're taking him?"

I laughed seeing her reaction of disbelief. "It will be fine. Even though he doesn't have a gift, he can atleast fight thugs."

(*Gift can also be referred as the magic bestowed upon them.)

It is not uncommon in this world to be crippled as only few blessed ones are truly gifted by magic. In humans, atleast. The other races have their own gifts.

(*Crippled is also known as magic less individuals who don't possess any magic.)

I stood up and picked up the veil that was draped over the vanity table. I used it to cover my face so just my eyes were revealed.

It was my condition to Farhan when I took his offer. I wouldn't risk my brother seeing me lurking around the castle because on his knowledge, I was on the country side, living peacefully.

Well, if you would wonder why would I bother covering my face when our dukedom was so far from the castle, it is because by this time around, he is already the loyal do—I mean the best buddy and the trusted advisor of the crown prince. We may bump into each other, cause my client is the second prince.

"I'm ready to go. Lewis..." I called him and he was already on my side. I turned to Lilia and waved. "We'll be going then."

"Be careful, milady."

I nodded at her and so we set off.

-------------

"How many hours will we have to wait for?" I asked the crew on the side.

It's been hours and the ship we will be riding hasn't arrived yet.

"It will arrive soon. Let's just wait a little longer." he answered as he turned around and left.

I saw the crates on the corner and sat on one of them. Lewis is out to buy some drawing scrolls so I will just wait for him here.

"Hey, look at that young lady sitting there alone."

"Yeah, she even covers up her face! I bet its horrible."

I just rolled my eyes when I then heard them giggle. Even in this timeline, the gossipers are never really out of the picture.

I heard their footsteps approaching near me but I didn't show them I noticed.

"Hey, Miss Monster!"

"Miss!"

I just continued ignoring them until I heard them groan and walk away. Minutes later, they came back with thugs.

Ugh. Fuck this life. Maybe ignoring gossipers in this world results getting beaten up. Good thing I'm good at boxing so I can put up a fight.