Chapter Six

Fretzielle's Point of View:

It was a very bright morning as I was laying on the green grass, watching the cloud pass when someone's shadow loomed over my head. I first thought it was Lilia, but she still hasn't returned and it was too short to be Lilia's figure.

"Hey. You want to go visit town?" I heard him say.

I rolled my eyes. It's been a few weeks since his mother woke up. She recovered completely as I advised her to keep drinking the water from the pond. Perion still keeps on visiting me even though I have already done my purpose.

"I don't have money. Going to town only tempts me to shop until I drop." I grunted still laying on the ground.

How unfortunate. My profession as an actress is useless here. If only I could—oh right! I was a very good painter back then. Maybe I can do some portraits for the esteemed gentlemen in exchange of gold coins!

I quickly stood up and Perion squinted his eyes on me, staring as if I'm up on something suspicious.

"Hey," I throw him a side glance, "I'm going to paint you okay?" I said smiling, I cupped the few gold coins on my pocket. I think it is enough for my art materials!

"What? Why?"

I dragged his hand. "Come on, let's shop."

-----------

"Hey! Stay still!" I shouted at him. He keeps on wriggling on his seat. He just frowned at me.

I just applied some more details before I had him face his portrait. "Ugh. Look! You didn't even smile!" I complained staring at the painting. He was frowning in it.

I looked at him when I heard no response. He was quietly staring at the portrait with his wide eyes. "Wow... I'm so handsome here." he started then gave me a glance before his gaze returned to the painting again.

I scoffed at his remark. What a conceited jerk.

I felt he tugged the fabric I was holding. "Can I have this?" He asked, his eyes brimming with excitement.

"Uh, okay? Is it really that good?" I asked him, raising my left eyebrow.

He grinned. "Of course!" he answered grabbing the portrait away from me.

I chuckled with his reaction. "Great. I'll be commissioning on town starting tommorow." I gathered my tools and chucked it in my satchel. I lifted the easel to carry it but Perion grabbed it.

"Let me."

After we arranged the things on the tower, I picked up a book to read and sat beside the window. I saw in my peripheral vision that Perion sat on the table and was quietly staring at me.

I looked at him. "Is there something you need?" I asked and he shook his head.

A smile crept up to his lips, showing his dimple. "Nothing." He also took a book to read. "I'm a boy, and you're a girl. Aren't you scared I might do something to you?"

I raised my eyebrow. "Huh? Are you a killer?"

He deadpanned on my comment and opened his book. "What I mean is— were alone, and you're a girl. I'm a boy."

What does he mean—fuck.

I felt my cheeks flushed red. I stood up and threw my book at him. "Hey! We are still kids! Are you crazy?" I shrieked as I covered my face with both of my palms.

I heard him laugh. "So are you telling we can do it when were adults?"

"Wha—NO! What's wrong with you?" I glared at him. He was still grinning like crazy.