Chapter Ten

Farhan's Point of View:

I was twelve when father had retired from being the Second Prince's aide. Our family served in Empire for centuries so I knew it was my turn then. I was escorted out of our home, for me to reside on the Second Prince's residence.

"Please protect His Highness, Farhan."

I clearly remembered the first time I laid my eyes on my master. How he looked so pale lying on his bed. He was so... thin and weak. The Prince was 14 years old that time but he didn't seem so as his frame was so small and frail.

Yet he smiled so warmly at me. "I'm Haven. Please take care of me."

I recalled my father's words when he passed down his duty to me.

And I swore that I will do my best so.

At first I didn't know what my father meant with his words about protecting the Prince. Well of course I should protect my master. And then I knew that only he, and the first prince knew about the curse of Prince Haven. That matter is only disclosed privately that was why we can't publicly seek help as problems will arise if people knew about the Prince's curse.

I've been extremely relieved with Miss Dawn's helping hand.

I casted my gaze to his sleeping face. It's been a week since Miss Dawn did something to him. He hasn't woken up since but Miss Dawn assured me that his body is just taking a rest. She even finished the painting and it was already hung on the wall with a golden frame. She used the old portraits as reference as she said she cannot wait until Haven wakes up to finish the commission.

I kept my promise to her and never told anyone about what happened on the Second Prince's bedchamber that day.

I am very grateful for her generosity and offered to reward her a huge sum of gold but she refused it saying she only needed the pay for the painting as 'nothing out of ordinary' happened other than that. She was so nice, even purifying the water supply for the Prince to clean his body with.

I carefully draped the blanket over his body when I noticed he shifted his position, slowly opening his eyes. 

"Your Highness! You're awake!" I exclaimed in surprise. I immediately called the royal physician to check on him.

"What?! How did it happen?" The physician creased his forehead.

I looked at him anxiously. "What? What do you mean?" I feigned.

He looked at me. "It's a miracle! The Prince is strangely cured!" He answered. "I don't even know his illness but he is cured!" He murmured but I heard it.

I heaved a relieved sigh and dismissed the physician immediately as the Prince gestured me to chase him out.

We heard a door slammed shut and there is silence after that. Haven haven't said a word and just kept looking around the room.

"What are you looking for Your Highness? Is there something you need?"

He gave me a glance. "Where's the angel that helped me?" he asked.

I tilted my head. "Angel? What do you me—oh! Miss Dawn is gone." I answered grinning at his description of her. "She returned home... I think."

"Miss Dawn? The painter?" Haven furrowed his brows. "No, I meant the angel that helped me. She has golden locks of curly hair. And a beautiful voice."

I chuckled. He didn't recognize her because the 'Miss Dawn' he remembers was covering her entire head with a shawl, only showing her blue eyes.

"Well I'm pretty sure the angel that helped you went home also." I answered.

I saw him frown and said, "I didn't even get to thank her. My pain was gone because of her."

I only smiled and didn't answer him, instead pointed at the painting on the wall. "By the way, Miss Dawn already finished your portrait."

He stared at it in awe for a long moment. "It's .... beautiful."

"Yes it is. She is truly gifted."

Our conversation was cut short when the double doors opened and it revealed the face of the anxious Crown Prince, Hellion. His aide, Sir Beauis also followed behind him.

"I greet the Crown Prince." I bowed my head. I also greeted his aide on which he returned with a smile.

He nodded. "Where's my brothe—" he stopped and stared at His Highness Haven that was smiling back at him.

"Hello brother."

"How's your condition? I rushed here once I read the letter!" Prince Hellion said as he went to the side of the bed to check on Prince Haven.

"I'm perfectly fine now. An angel helped me! She cured me brother!" Haven answered, smiling so widely.

I almost burst out laughing when I heard him mention the angel again. Oh goodness. But indeed, Miss Dawn is sent from the heavens.

"Angel?" the Crown Prince looked worried. "Are you hallucinating? And how are you cured? No one sent a priest here."

"But it's true! Right Farhan?" His Highness Haven looked at me, causing   Prince Hellion and his aide to look at me too. "She just went home."

I cleared my throat. "It's true that the Prince is miraculously healed!" I answered.

Prince Hellion smiled lightly and sighed. "I'm very glad you're okay now." he admitted as he turn to embrace Prince Haven.

I looked away to have their moment and shifted my gaze to Sir Beauis who is silently staring at the portrait of the Second Prince.

"Are you interested in painting Sir?"

"Ah no." He shook his head. "I just found that painting style familiar..."

"Ah. Maybe you have seen her other works somewhere in the Elven Kingdom. She's quite famous there." I answered with a smile. I heard him murmured something but I couldn't hear it so I just shrugged it off.

"Is that your new portrait? Who made that?" Prince Hellion inquired.

"It's Miss Dawn. She lives in Elven Kingdom and was just escorted here by Farhan to paint my portrait." the Second Prince answered.

"Dawn?!" Sir Beauis suddenly exclaimed that we all looked at him.

Prince Hellion stared at him, curious. "What's wrong Dale?"

"Nothing. Just that.. her name."

Prince Hellion smiled. "Well, the portrait is incredible! I would want as well!" he then looked at me. "Where is she now?"

"I believe she already went home... Oh wait!" I suddenly remembered our conversation before.

"I apologize for what you have to witness. I'm afraid I have to attend to His Highness so I will have the maid send you off."

"Oh, I see. Then we will be staying at the Saresa Inn in the capital-"

"I think I know where she is." I smiled.

-------------

Meanwhile on Dawn's side,

"Whoooooo!"

"It's a bet!"

"I'll bet on him! He's so gorgeous!"

"Woah. Hot guy for the win!"

Ugh. What the hell is this? Dawn thought as she was being sandwiched by the crowds to just see Lewis on a brawl.

Fuck.