26.

"...and you must be young Cedric!" Mr Weasley said, turning to look at the rest of the red heads. "You must all know him from school-"

They had been walking for a little under ninety minutes, and the Weasley's and Hermione were all leant against each other, panting and clutching sharp stitches in their sides. Aurora loitered besides the twins, who were whispering and talking through gestures about something so incredibly secretive that they didn't even bother glaring customarily at Cedric; she wasn't tired, just in need of an energy drink.

The adults continued to talk about boring stuff that Aurora paid no mind to, too busy preoccupying herself with scuffing her already battered Docs and attempting to draw rude pictures in the mud with her shoes. She only snapped out of her trance when her name was mentioned.

"Are all these yours, Arthur?" Mr Diggory asked, his eyes raking over the party. Arthur chuckled.

"Oh, no, only the red heads. This here is Hermione - Ron's friend- and Aurora, one of the twins group..."

"Aurora? Aurora Black?" Mr Diggory asked, sounding almost as if he was suppressing excitement, "Ced said that you're the Slytherin beater...he said 'dad, this Slytherin girl nocked me out with a bludger' and I said 'well,what did she look like, son?' I said...because the feisty ones always make the better wives-"

"What?"

"Dad!" Cedric had paled significantly in embarrassment, his eyes flickering to Aurora apologetically. Mr Diggory just waved him off.

"I was joking, of course....but now..." His amber eyes raked over Aurora suggestively, and she gritted her teeth and growled lowly under her breath. She had been objectified before, of course she had, but the look he was giving her brought back dark memories. Memories that she would rather forget.

Fred slipped his hand into her own as Mr Weasley cleared his throat. "Right, we should be off then....the portkey will be leaving soon"

"Right you are, Arthur old boy, right you are-" Mr Diggory said, still looking at Aurora.

"Oi!" Fred cried, pulling Aurora closer to him and leading her away. "Eyes to yourself, pervert!"

They didn't wait to hear his response, simply walking away - Fred's arm draped protectively around the elder girls waist. Once they were out of earshot, Fred turned so that his hands were on Auroras shoulders, which were trembling ever so slightly. His grip was strong yet gentle, the same grip Remus had used on the first summer moon. It was comforting, and Aurora was glad that she had refrained from allowing her mind the wander that morning.

"Are you alright, love?" Fred asked, peering down through his curtains of red hair.

Aurora sniffled. "Yea...yeah 'm fine-"

She knew that Fred didn't believe her. He was eyeing her skeptically, and the two made eye contact for a couple of seconds before Aurora broke it.

"Come on," she muttered, stepping backwards and letting Fred's hand drop from their place on her shoulders "Your dad looks like he's about to kill Hermione with his muggle questioning..."