~2~

"First years, follow me!" A Slytherin prefect called to the young, new students after the feast had ended

"First years, follow me!" A Slytherin prefect called to the young, new students after the feast had ended. They all got up and followed the girl down to the dungeons. Lilith couldn't help but feel at home with the coldness and the stone surrounding her.

The common room was outstanding. It was made out of stone and it was underneath the lake, Lilith found that out due to a fifth year scaring them with the giant squid, which caused blue lights from the water to reflect over the room. There were green sofas and a grand fireplace in the centre. It felt like home.

Lilith went up to her dorm room with two other girls from her house, one had dark brown curly hair and the other had long blonde hair. Lilith hadn't had the chance to catch their names yet.

Their dorm was spacious and welcoming. There were three beds with green silk duvets and dark oak headboards, matching oak side tables, candles for light and a bookshelf that was currently empty. The girls would, no doubt, soon make it homely.

After putting their luggage under their beds, the girls all went and sat on Lilith's bed to get to know each other. "Hello, my name is Emilia Zabini, what are yours?" The dark haired girl seemed very confident.

"Um, well, mine is Evelyn Balfour. It's great to meet you both." The blonde haired girl seemed shy.

"I'm Lilith Lestrange. I think we will achieve great things together." She smiled at the girls.

"As in Leta Lestrange?" Emilia asked, referring to Lilith's relative.

"Yes, I admire her braveness a lot of the time. However, my father refuses to speak of her." Lilith told the girls.

"Oh, well anyway! Let's get to know each other better." Emilia quickly changed the subject.

"Okay, each say your favourite colour. Mines purple." Evelyn said, starting to get more comfortable around the girls.

"Are you sure you're meant to be in slytherin? You seem too nice." Emilia asked.

"I'm ambitious, I guess." Evelyn shrugged and looked down.

"Okay, well my favourite colour is dark blue." Emilia said, turning to Lilith for her answer.

"Uhm... deep green." She answered finally. The girls nodded in approval before going onto the next question.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend. Or a girlfriend. I don't judge." Emilia asked.

"I dated a muggle boy once because he wouldn't leave me alone. We broke up after five minutes." Evelyn shrugged before all of them laughed.

"I had a boyfriend when I visited Greece and another when I went to Rome. They weren't proper though. I'm too young for that." Emilia answered.

"I've never had anyone." Lilith said, fiddling with her hands in her lap. The other girls realised it meant more than just relationships, she didn't have anyone at all.

"Let's stop this game and go to sleep, we have our first day of school tomorrow!" Emilia jumped around on Lilith's bed, making them all laugh before they crawled into their separate beds.

"Goodnight guys." Evelyn said, yawning mid sentence.

"Night." Emilia said loudly.

"Goodnight." Lilith muttered as she drifted off to sleep.

~

"Wake up! Wake up! We're gonna be late!" Emilia jumped on Lilith in attempt to get her up. The black haired girl groaned and rubbed her eyes from the sleep.

"I'm up. I'm up." She muttered as she walked to the girls bathroom. She brushed her teeth and got ready into her uniform. She decided to put at least a little bit of effort into her first day so she twisted two strands of her hair and pinned them back together to create a nice hairstyle. She brushed a tiny amount of mascara on her long eyelashes and applied some tinted lip balm to her small lips. She smiled to herself in the mirror and left the bathroom, ready to start off the school year.

The girls arrived at Professor Slughorn's classroom three minutes late and walked in last. It seemed everyone wanted to be early. Lilith spotted Narcissa's cousin seated next to a blonde slytherin boy. The blonde boy sounded rather annoying and Regulus did not seem to want to sit next to him.

Lilith looked around for available seats before landing her eyes on one next to a dark haired slytherin boy with a sort of baby face. He had eyes as dark as night and pale skin. She walked over and sat next to the boy, trying not to get too close.

While she was listening to Slughorn, Lilith felt a breath in her ear, "I'm not going to bite, you know. You can come a big closer." Sceptically, Lilith turned her head and saw the boy closer to her than before and practically breathing in her face.

"Oh, I'm fine over here thanks." She tried to give the boy a smile but as she didn't do it often, it probably came out as more of a grimace.

"Come on. A pretty girl like you should be near a guy like me." Lilith's eyebrows furrowed, a guy like him? A cocky, arrogant boy?

"It's still a no." She turned back to listen to the professor and ignored the boy sitting next to her. She eventually found out his name was Caius Avery and that he was one of Professor Slughorn's favourite students.

Regardless of the events that took place, the lesson was actually very helpful with information about beginner potions. Of course Lilith already knew most of it from her reading obsession, but it was always good for a refresh.

Lilith soon discovered she was not so good at history of magic as the professor was very boring and difficult to listen to. She mostly spent the lesson talking bad about people in her head.

Lastly, they had charms which Lilith was actually good at. She was able to cast the Wingardium Leviosa spell on her second try and spent the rest of the lesson floating her feather around the class.

After the dinner feast, all three girls were exhausted and wondering how on Earth they were going to be able to get through the next seven years if every single day was like that.

Well, with great difficulty.