~12~

"Merlin, you frightened me!" Lilith panted as she awoke from her deep sleep

"Merlin, you frightened me!" Lilith panted as she awoke from her deep sleep. There he was. Regulus Black, standing over Lilith in her bed. Not creepy at all...

"Sorry for scaring you, I just wanted to talk and your friends showed me where to go." He spoke timidly, picking at his fingers.

"It's okay. I'm surprised you could even enter it." Lilith said, looking around for any secret doors.

"I just climbed the staircase." Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion, sure the staircase wouldn't have allowed him.

"You know what, I don't even want to know." She shook her head and rolled over in her bed, ignoring Regulus completely.

He cleared his throat in an attempt to get her attention. Unsuccessful. He tried again. "What do you want?" She huffed slightly agitated.

"I said I wanted to talk." Lilith said nothing, giving him the hint to talk. "I'm sorry for ignoring you and I wish I didn't but I didn't know what to do because... well, I really like you... I think. And-and I got scared because I was always taught that relationships and stuff were bad unless they were your cousin or picked by your parents." He shuddered thinking about it. "But, regardless... I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I do really like you."

Lilith sat silently for a minute, causing Regulus' anxiety to rise. "You know what, I'll just go-" he started, before being pulled back and caught in a kiss.

After the initial shock, he kissed back. The butterflies Regulus had experienced before returned and erupted inside of him. He felt an almost illegal amount of satisfaction and joy. The feeling was euphoric. His senses were heightened and his heart rate sky rocketed with every second the kiss continued. He wanted it to last forever.

Lilith gently broke the kiss, leaning her four head on Regulus'. They both panted as they had been low on air for an unmeasurable amount of time. "Wow." He breathed out.

"Wow indeed." She chuckled, rolling over to lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling and smiling. Regulus met her half way, leaning his head on her shoulder. He lay there, just closing his eyes and thinking. "What are you thinking about?" She asked him softly, noticing his quietness.

"I thought you could read minds." He said sarcastically.

"I want you to tell me, not your mind. Anyway, it's rude to pry." Regulus exhaled deeply, kissing Lilith's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it." He kissed her gently again, before slipping out of the bed and out of the room completely.

Lilith just stared at the door, confusion flooding her veins. "What's going on, Reg?" She whispered to herself. Worry over came her, scared something awful was around the corner. It must've been her witchy senses.

~

Elsewhere:

"The boy is nearly ready, yes?" A sinister voice hissed.

"Of course, master." A young voice spoke. He carried power in his tone, destined to follow the dark pathway until the day he died.

"And the girl?"

"She has no idea, master. She has not yet been informed of her task." A growl sounded from the dark chair in which the sinister creature sat in.

"And why is that?" It hissed once more.

"Her parents have decided to wait until the time. They fear she will run." The creature, not remotely human, hummed in consideration.

"Well, if that's best we shall do that. But, be warned, if she runs you die." The man gulped, clearly frightened for his life. "Now, get along with your task. I'm sick of you, Lucius." The young Malfoy scurried away quickly, not wanting to get tortured again. One day he would become the Dark Lord's favourite.
Just wait and see.