Chapter 2

Chapter 2: I, the person in my dreams

       Tobias was dreaming. It was a blissful sweet dreams. An ordinary dream about him having no worries, staying at home and eating delicious food. For him, those kind of simple things are satisfying.

He was currently content in his current life as long as he doesn't think of his worries for a moment. He was just enjoying simple things in his dreams while lazing in contentment. But suddenly, all of it has changed.

His dream of himself being in his room change. All of the delicious food and the soft and comfortable bed has disappeared. They are dispersed like a smoke. It was replaced by a vast and enormous white.

Not knowing what to do with the situation, Tobias aimlessly walk forward. He doesn't realize how much time has passed but he just keep walking forward in the endless blankness.

Eventually, Tobias slowed down his pace. It wasn't because he was getting tired. He came upon a different scenery on that neverending whiteness.

There was a wide pond. Among them was various lotus leaves and various cranes flocking around the body of water. And finally, there was a chinese style water gazebo at the edge of the pond. On the gazebo, there was a silhouette of person dress in white robes.

Tobias walk towards the gazebo. His steps made a creaking sound. He doesn't notice that the platform towards the gazebo was old and looks like that it was nearing on collapse. He halted and look at the platform. After a few moments, he decided to continue walking towards the gazebo. He doesn't why. But he knows that he must walk and talk to that person in the gazebo. Tobias knows that person was important.

Eventually, he made it. He was now only within a few distance towards that person and facing the person's back.

" So you have arrived.... "

Tobias heard a male voice. At first he thought that the person was female in the distance. He has a long black hair after all. But now that he was close he can distinguish the contours and body shape of the person. He has a broad shoulders and thick waist. The person was also taller than him.

Before he could reply, the person turned his body and was now facing Tobias. He thought that the person was giving a gentleman vibes. He also noted that the person was calm. He can't get a grasp of the person's emotions. His eyes were lifeless and still like the surface of a pond.

" You have claimed that you could do better than me.... "

Tobias frowned. He doesn't understand the question of the person.

" Whether it was just a boast or within your capabilities..... I will leave it to your care then. "

The person has his lips tilted up.

" I don't care if you would fail or become victorious. "

What is with this ominous feeling?

" What matter to me the most was that it would finally end. I would finally sleep and leave the care of it to you. "

Tobias feel his heart beat speed up. The platform and pagoda is collapsing. The place where he stand on broke. He let out a surprised sound. He has his hands raise and reached out towards the person asking for help.

Tobias could only see the calm eyes of that person slowly closing. A happy and satisfied expression could be seen as Tobias fall down in the pond.

The pond wasn't shallow. It was deep. Tobias sank into the water and he doesn't know how to swim or breath underneath it.

Whether it was a hallucination as he slowly lose his consciousness, Tobias started seeing various images and different scenes.

Before he completely lose his awareness, Tobias notice that there was a one common thing about those portrayals. There would be always a black haired youth dress in poor robes with his head down staring at the ground. His head was filled with negative thoughts and always comparing himself to his older brother.

That person's name was Fang Zheng.

And Tobias was filled with dread and horror as he notice that he was leaving the dream. He now also knows the identity of that person.

Who could it be other than that Fang Zheng?

Those sceneries and pictures are memories of a 'person' named Fang Zheng.

Tobias was filled with horrible realization before he woke up.

------------------------------

   Tobias head was filled with horrible and painful headache when he woke up. The sceneries and pictures on his dreams didn't disappear. Instead of vanishing like a smoke, they are being engraved in his mind like an unremovable stain.

‘Fang Zheng... ’

Tobias gritted his teeth and has his lip bitten until they started bleeding with blood.

‘Fang Zheng...’

His sight was blurry because of the pain and headache. But he was certain that he wasn't in his room anymore.

Tobias knows that he wasn't dreaming right now. The pain is real. It hurts so much that he wanted it to stop. He has both of his hands curled into a fist.

He knows that it wasn't really belong to him originally. It was smaller and younger and more youthful than his original hands. But he must get use to it from now on.

Eventually, he doesn't how much time has passed. The headache slowly disappeared until it only became a faint throbbing.

He opened his mouth. But he halted. It was just in the tip of the tongue. Just say some words and everything would be confirmed.

Tobias was afraid.

He doesn't want to accept it.

Mustering some courage, he finally uttered two words in a hesitant manner.

"... Fang.. Zheng... "

Tobias can feel his heart becoming cold. His body turning rigid and stiff. It really happened.

" No...."

What he really feared become a reality.

His body started trembling unconsciously. He grasped the old and worn out quilt that was on the bed. He hugged his knees and turned his head down.

" Fuck.. "

He can't accept that it really happened to him. This is so crazy and unbelievable.

A voice that was obviously different from his own. It was more softer and younger. And he was also speaking in a language that he doesn't know as Tobias.

‘ I am really in that body of Fang Zheng? ’

It was so ridiculous.

He have read a lot of stories. On those stories was included those people who suddenly found themselves on the body of someone. They found themselves Transmigrated into a body of some random person and will continue to live in that body of that person.

And now, he was one of them too. It just also happened that he have been Transmigrated into the body of a character from a Novel. It was a person that he clearly dislike. Those strange memories are so clear and etched on his mind. A fictional work turning out to be real.

Someone out there has decided to play with his life.

He knows that he was cruel with his comments. But he doesn't deserve this! There was other people than him who was more ruthless and vicious. He doesn't want to be Transmigrated into this world.

" I want to go home... "

Tobias muttered as water started obstructing his sight.

He just keep muttering those words again and again softly until his eyes can't cry anymore. At the end, no one has listened to his desperate plea and longing to return home.