Chapter 5

Chapter 5: The Start of the First and Long-term Mission

A few days later, Tobias was spending his time inside Fang Zheng's room. Other than finding himself in the world of Gu and meeting Fang Yuan, in these few days, Tobias was calmer than on the day of his arrival in this world where he ended up having a breakdown and crying in Fang Zheng's room. Other than that, Tobias met Fang Zheng's nanny, Gu Yue Dong Tu, and their aunt. He has also witnessed the first manipulation and scheming from them. In front of Fang Zheng's face, Gu Yue Dong Tu and his wife, give Fang Yuan a gift while Fang Zheng receives none.

It was shameless and cruel. If he were Fang Zheng with his inferiority complex, this event would create more wedges and distance and the already very distant relationship between the two brothers.

Thankfully, he wasn't Fang Zheng. And he already knows the reason for their cruel and scheming behavior. He doesn't feel jealous of Fang Yuan. He only felt cautiousness and fear.

At this time, they didn't know about Fang Zheng's talent aptitude. Since he was useless, there would be no benefits in giving anything to Fang Zheng. Tobias wasn't surprised by the greedy and selfish attitude of those 2 cannon fodders to Fang Zheng.

On the other hand, since Fang Yuan the protagonist was known as a Genius, he received a gift from his Uncle and Aunt. They are doing it to receive benefits from Fang Yuan in the future. The latter was already aware of their schemes but didn't say anything about their current attitude.

Within these few days of spending his time as Fang Zheng, he could say that he mostly spent his days inside Fang Zheng's room. He doesn't want to interact with anyone at this point so he would stay in this room as long as possible. Also, it was approaching December and the weather would be soon bound to be cold.

Another reason that he doesn't want to go out for a while is because of the unexpected event that happened earlier. Currently sitting on the bed, Tobias gazing and holding a cloth. It looks new and clean. Hours earlier, he didn't expect to receive a gift from Fang Yuan. He could only accept the gift and receive it instead of rejecting it. Even if he want to reject them, it would be suspicious to not accept a gift from Fang Yuan. He also didn't forget to thank Fang Yuan with his head bowed and not gazing at the Protagonist.

According to the memories, and his understanding by reading the book, Fang Zheng has an inferiority complex. Before learning that he has an A-class talent as a gu master, he was timid and saw himself as less than Fang Yuan. He wouldn't dare to look at his brother with his head held high.

Other than Fang Twins' uncle and aunt, Tobias has met other characters in the past few days. For example, Shen Cui. Fang Yuan's servant and the target of Fang Zheng's puppy love and hormones. Appears to be sweet and gentle at first, but Tobias knows that she was nothing but a very crafty and devious bitch who wants nothing but to crawl and raise her status from being a servant. She was a tool and a pawn that the Aunt and Uncle used to create a crack in the already fragile relationship between Fang Yuan and Fang Zheng. She greeted Fang Zheng sweetly with a smile on her face every time they encountered each other in the household. The only character that greeted Fang Zheng with his name and was kind to him.

What a kind and sweet girl. If Tobias didn't know better, he would be fooled. Those words and greetings, it was nothing but fake and insincere. A honey coated with poison.

Other than Shen Cui, Tobias also met her mother. Nanny Shen was the leader of the servants in this household. And there was also the unnamed fat and old servant who was assigned to Fang Zheng. Out of all of the characters he met so far, in these past few days, the sickly grandma servant was probably the one with whom Tobias interacted the most. She was responsible for Fang Zheng's well-being after all. But since it was an old and fat sickly grandma, She wouldn't be able to take care of Fang Zheng in a very efficient manner. She gets easily tired. Looking at Fang Zheng's memories, he didn't appreciate the assistance of the old grandma in his daily life. His thoughts are only filled with Fang Yuan's gaining the better deal again and how he wanted Shen Cui to serve him.

Despite knowing that maybe the old grandma hasn't really pure intentions and just assisting him because of Aunt and Uncle, Tobias feels worried about her. She hasn't given him any malicious thought so far. So, he was really worried. He still has some moralities and principles ingrained in him despite being a toxic lurker on the Internet and Social Media. Previously, he told the old granny that she didn't need to serve him or assist him with everything. He hoped that she would accept it and comply. He doesn't want the old grandma's servant to meet her deathbed so soon because of overworking.

Tobias sighed as he thought about all of those things and the events that transpired earlier. He tucked the clothes and placed them beside him. He then changed his sitting position into a cross-legged sitting posture. He closed his eyes and willed himself to concentrate.

[ Mission:

• Ultimate Mission → Return Home

Time limit: around 500 years

Status: Unknown

____________

• Long-term Mission #1 → Play the role of Fang Zheng and stay at the Gu Yue Village in the meantime.

Requirements:

° Be known as the A-class talent

° Attend the Gu Yue Village Academy

° Accept your Aunt and Uncle as Parents

° Buy Shen Cui from Fang Yuan

Time around: 1+ years

Status: Ongoing

______________

• Beginner Mission #1→ Interaction with the characters (Part 1)

Requirements:

° Fang Yuan= ✓
° Shen Cui= ✓
° Aunt and Uncle= ✓
° Nanny Shen= ✓
° Fang Zheng's Caretaker = ✓

Status: Complete

Note: Please Accept the Reward ]

Tobias' mind was filled with the system prompt. He stared at them and sighed. Since the system appeared, Tobias couldn't help but feel disappointed that the Go Home System wasn't a Sign-in Type of system. For him, the Sign-in System type was the best type of system cheat. That kind of system brings nothing but benefits to the possessor of that kind of cheat. You only need to sign in daily or sign in in different locations and you would only receive rewards. A no hassle and no hard work type of cheat. It only needs perseverance to log in every day and you could also live quietly, low-key, and avoid troubles in your way. Truly, it was the most suitable type of system for him. Alas, it wasn't the type of system that he got.

Go Home System is a mutation type of system. It was a combination of Task type, Shop, and Gacha type of system. The shop and Gacha weren't currently unlocked.

Its currency was a Merit. Currently, Tobias suspected that he would get Merit points for completing the task issued by the system. Other than that, he has no known other way of earning merit.

{ Host has completed the Beginner Mission. You can now claim the rewards. }

The monotone voice of the GoHo entered his mind. Tobias decided to just shortcut calling the Go Home System to GoHo. And he doesn't like to call GoHo a system. The latter doesn't give much individuality and it was too generic.

' I want to accept my rewards. '

{ Loading Rewards....  }

Tobias was filled with anticipation.

{ Shop Function is unlocked}

{ Gacha Function is unlocked}

{ Storage Function Unlock }

{ Beginner Giftpack received }