Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Self Reflection

       There are so many people out there to choose on Earth, he just happened to be the unfortunate chosen one to be Transfigrated in the Gu world of Reverend Insanity. There are more people out there than him who were more vicious and crueler than him in their comments to Fang Zheng.

But he just happened to be the one...

It's been some hours since he woke up and knows that he was Transmigrated. He has managed to calm down after spending some of his time crying. Now that he thinks of his current situation, he feels very embarrassed. Other transmigrators feel so happy and blessed when they learn that they are Transmigrated, if not they are very thankful for this chance. But here he is, he spent some hours crying and begging to go home.

He was such a wimp.

Tobias decided to leave the bed and this unadorned small room. His bedroom back at their house was infinitely better than this small room.

As he left his room, he browsed through Fang Zheng's memories so he wouldn't get lost and find his way out of the house. He didn't encounter any servants or someone on his way out. He has made sure that he wouldn't make any noise or be seen after all.

After some minutes, he was finally out. Tobias was surprised when he could feel the cold air against his skin. Then he remembered that Fang Zheng was just wearing one layer of robes so it was natural to feel cold with this thin fabric. He looks around and doesn't feel any presence of people within the nearby distance. Tobias found a large rock and sat on them. Then he has his hands joined together and appears to be deep in thought.

If any Otaku fans saw him right now, they would probably think that he was imitating those edgy and dark anime characters like a certain revenge-driven little brother.

Tobias was currently thinking about his current situation. He was Transmigrated and with certainty, he wouldn't be able to return home.

For now...

Tobias wanted to go home. It was decided that it would be his goal. But for now, he needs to plan for his future in this world.

As a reader of Reverend Insanity, Tobias knows that the world of Gu is dangerous. Unlike the usual troupes of cannon fodders courting death, there are a lot of people who know how to think and use their brains.

This world isn't lacking in smart people.

Tobias can already feel a headache forming. He wasn't confident in his IQ. He was just average at school. If he faced those people, Tobias felt that he would be easily outmaneuvered by other people.

He needs a careful planning of his future. Since he was Transmigrated as Fang Zheng, he would like to avoid those horrible things that would happen to Fang Zheng.

Of all of the things that would happen to Fang Zheng, the number one that he would like to avoid the most was turning into a sex slave for that hairy man city lord. Just thinking of it right now, give Tobias some shivers. No fucking way.

As for the second, it was avoiding becoming the heavenly court's pawn. He swore that he would do his best to don't become a chess piece. Maybe in the future, he can also help in destroying the Fate Gu.

As for the third, then it was avoiding being used by Fang Yuan. He doesn't know if he will succeed in it or not. He can already feel the difficulty of this third goal for the future since he is going against the protagonist. A very cunning and ruthless person that the other protagonist pales in comparison.

He wanted to avoid those things that Fang Zheng experienced in the novel. But if he change a lot of things, then his advantage and knowledge of the Novel would disappear completely.

He also thought about the possibility of running away. But since he was just a normal mortal right now, he would probably fail. And if he managed to go away from Gu Yue Village, then he would probably killed by people or some kind of beast out there in Qing Mao Mountain.

As Tobias wanted to get out of the plot, he wouldn't be able to do it right now. He was weak and powerless. This current Fang Zheng's body was also frail, thin, and malnourished. Staying here in the meantime is the best for him. Despite the presence of other characters that he hated and feels irritated other than Fang Zheng.

Of course, Tobias wouldn't feel any hate or irritation towards the protagonist Fang Yuan. He was one of the many fans of his badass and ruthless character back on Earth. But right now, Tobias wouldn't dare to hate Fang Yuan. He was already feel so terrified and screwed that he was Transmigrated into the body of Fang Zheng.

Being Transmigrated as a mob character would be much better than occupying the body of Fang Zheng.

He wanted to avoid those horrible things that would happen to Fang Zheng, he also wanted to take advantage of his knowledge of the plot and settings of the Novel.

It was a dilemma on how he would achieve both of those two conditions at the same time.

Tobias sighed as he stared at the moon in the night sky. If there was one thing that he was thankful for upon Transmigration, then it would be that he was given some time to adjust and adapt to this world before the plot started kicking in.

Currently, it is the fall season. According to Fang Zheng's memories, it is the last week of November. The Winter is coming. It would be a few months before the Ceremony and Fang Yuan's rebirth.

Truthfully, Tobias hasn't high hopes that it would be the not reset Fang Yuan. If some higher being wanted to screw him as possible, then it would be the reborn 500-year-old demon Fang Yuan version that he would get.

" Stupid me, if I didn't just insult Fang Zheng... "

Tobias softly muttered. He decided to get up from sitting on the rock. He was already feeling cold with just thin robes. Sitting on the rock was uncomfortable too. It was now time for him to return to Fang Zheng's room and sleep.

But before he could do that, he tripped when he heard two voices that shocked the wits out of him.

{ Keyword “ Stupid me, if I didn't just insult Fang Zheng ” activated. }

" What are you doing here out at night, little brother? "

The 1st voice that he could only hear inside his mind gives him hope. But the 2nd voice asking him felt the voice of a demon that came out of hell and made him suffer.