PART 22

Y/N's POV

I feel the light battering against my eyelids telling me that I have slept in. Lazily I swing my arm over only for it to me the sheets. I lift my head up and search the room. Where is Bucky? I plop my head back down to meet the pillow.

5 more minutes must have passed before I practically hit the ceiling because of Tony's stupid JARVIS alarm. Seriously, there is no need for that to be so loud and like I've said before we have alarms on our phones. Rolling my eyes I hesitantly slip from under the warm covers and walk towards the bathroom. I scrunch my eyes at the sudden light difference and turn on the tap to make me look somewhat presentable for today.

It's my birthday. It's not that I hate birthdays I just don't like having a whole day dedicated to me. I don't like the attention and before I joined the Avengers - I never really celebrated the day.

Once I had cleaned myself up and had a quick shower I unhook my dress that Natasha suggested and wriggle into it. Of course I need help with the zipper. I walk awkwardly to the bedside table, trying to not let the dress fall, and open my phone to message Nat.

'Are you awake? I need help with my zipper on the back of the dress'
Not a minute later I get a response.

'I'm awake. You're the one who sleeps in late! I'll be there in a second' I don't bother relying as I know she will be knocking on the door any minute now-

A heavy pattern of knock sounds patter my ears before then the door swings opens revealing Natasha and Wanda grinning widely. I look down at their clothes. Wanda is wearing a black velvet dress that cut low showing off her chest. Go girl. Natasha is also wearing a black dress that is nicely decorated with a leather black belt. We are one hot trio. I notice as they eagerly step into my room slamming the door behind them, they're holding flowers and bottles of alcohol. Oh no.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They both shout in unison. I just laugh and run to hug them not really caring if my dress fell now but still holding it to save the embarrassment. Wanda shoves some lovely tulips in my face making their scent hit my nose to which I smile in delight. Then Natasha came swinging towards me, bottles of liquor in the air, squealing. I have the best girl friends.

Natasha gets herself comfortable on my bed whilst Wanda actually helps me with my problem which is my zipper.

"You look hot, Y/N" Natasha taunts, flashing me crazy eyes. I laugh and go sit next to her and grab the glass of champagne from her hand making her act fake hurt. Wanda walks round to the other side of the bed and grabs herself a drink also as we fall into a excited conversation.

40 minutes later, a tipsy Natasha and Wanda finally make their way out of my room allowing me to finish getting ready for the party that is soon. I sit down in front of my mirror and put on some light makeup. I don't like having lots of makeup on because I feel like it takes me away from me. Once satisfied with my looks I stand up in front of my tall mirror and just smile at my reflection. Being happy with your looks is the most warming feeling.

Sitting down on the side of my bed I open my phone and respond to many birthday messages from old friends, new friends, and just some people that I happened to cross paths with in the past. A knock at my bedroom door pulls me out of my daze.

I take a quick glance in the mirror, checking to see if my makeup hasn't smudged already, taking a deep breath, I open the door.

Bucky is standing there handsome as hell. He is wearing a all black tux that hugs his figure wonderfully and his hair is just how I like it; soft and fluffy. My eyes draw to a the beautiful bouquet of red roses in his hands.

"Bucky.. they're beautiful," I smile up at his dazzling eyes. He smiles back and pushes them into my hands and reaches back into his pocket and pulls out a velvety box.

He opens the box to reveal two necklaces sitting side by side. One is a puzzle piece and the other is a heart with the missing piece. The silver jewellery brings tears to my eyes.

"My life is a complete puzzle when I'm with you, Y/N" his voice is soft and low. I pull him into my chest, wrapping my hand with the roses still in it around the back of his neck.

"Thank you, Bucky" I try not to cry into his chest and smudge my makeup on him. That would be unfortunate. I pull away from him and walk us into my room and stand in front of the mirror for him to put the necklace on me. He stands behind me and places the necklace around my neck before placing gentle kisses along my shoulders. His tenderness makes me want to cry but I won't because he might think he's done something wrong. He's very tender-hearted.

I turn around to face him, holding the second necklace in my hands. I reach my hands around the back of his neck, keeping my eyes on his locking the clip and then sliding my hands over his shoulders and placing one hand over where the necklace sits, over his heart. Our eyes burn into each other. This unspoken affection makes me feel like jelly. Connecting our lips in a passionate kiss, Bucky's hands find their way to my waist where he holds me gently. I want to stay like this forever.

But of course the moment has to be ruined in one way or the other.  Tony's voice was the strident voice in our loving moment.

'Okay lover birds, we want to party now and we kind of can't start without the birthday girl so can you please hurry up because some of us need alcohol in our systems just to function' Tony's bored voice sounded over JARVIS making me and Bucky place our forehead together and chuckle.

"You look beautiful by the way" Bucky compliments me making my cheeks glow.

"Meh you don't look that bad" I sarcastically reply making him shake his head and laugh.

We stay in my room for a couple more minutes, allowing me to fix my makeup once again whilst Bucky just sat back admiring me. I pretended not to notice.

—————
Thank you all for your caring messages - I was in hospital for a operation and it was taking horribly long for me to recover.

Short-ish chapter for you here.

Love you all x