chapter 1

~

Diana of Siodona was a skilled dancer and a beautiful woman. She had gold spun hair and pretty magenta eyes. The minute he laid his eyes on her, he like the many people in the room were enchanted by her effortless movements and shapely curves. She was only staring at him, well of course! Her dance was a gift to the emperor!

Diana of Siodona was called to audience by the emperor. From there, love bloomed like the many sweet flowers in the palace gardens. I steered clear of their meetings but Diana would sometimes extend the invitation. The emperor was annoyed by my prescence. Two days later the emperor would walk into our shared room with a soured look on his face and his arms folded across the expanse of his chest. I snickeded at the tiny pout that formed. The emperor huffed and walked into his closet. I smiled. "Refuse her next time," he told me when he walked out with his favourite white robe wrapped around him. I chuckled and turned to my side to face the window.

The moon was full that night. I pulled the covers to my chest and let out a steady breath. The candle went out and a strong arm curled around my waist. I turned away from the moon and to glowing blue jeweled eyes. My vision went hazy and sleep overtook my conscious.

~

Diana suffered some nausea for a few days, the emperor grew concerned and called the palace physician. The Siodonian dancer was pregnant with the emperor's first born.

Whispers circled amongst the servants. "The unfavoured empress," they would say and, "Are you sure he is suposed to bare children." Ah! But I won't let that get to me.

At the news of his first born, the emperor was shocked but happy to start a family with the love of his life. By the time Diana was almost three months, she grew inexplainbly sick. The emperor called the physician. I waited in my office while the emperor stood by his love's side.

The emperor slammed opened the door to my office. "Claude!" I gasped. He was livid. His brows furrowed and his mouth was shaped into a snarl. "T-That woman!" He growled as he paced the room. I shut the door. "What happened, Claude?" I asked and guided him to sit on the sofa on the far side of the room. "It-it's that thing!" He hissed. He glared at a spot in the rug so much so that I was afraid he might set it alight. "What thing?" I questioned and sat beside him. "The child!" He yelled. He jumped from the sofa and proceeded to pacing a hole in the carpet.

~

The palace physician explained that the child possesed a large amount of mana causing Diana's health to slowly deteriote and when the child will be born Diana will die. I was stumped. Claude's reaction to news was understandable. If my love's life was in danger, I'd pretty much feel frustrated and helpless but I don't think I would try to rid my mind of their prescence and feelings of them.

It was dark outside that night. No moon but the stars. Claude was no where in sight. I turned on my side away from the glittering window and stared at a painting of a basket of fruit, I wondered why Claude kept such a mundane piece. The clock struck 12 and I could not take my eyes away from the bright red apples, ripe pears and the punnet of grapes that looked like a waterfall of white wine. I could really use a drink now.

6 am in the morning and still awake. My handservant will wake me up in an hour. Claude is gone.

I saw the emperor at breakfast that morning. My breakfast looked unappetising but I forced it down with every bite. The emperor had small dark bags under his eyes. There was nothing in my porridge bowl and my handful of fruit disappeared along with the porridge, I excused myself to attend to my duties as the Empress of the Obelian Empire.

~

Diana was 8 months along and had the stomach to prove. Her complexion had turned pale but those pretty eyes sparkled with happiness, some content but it somehow looked bleak - one of the maids informed me, the emperor stopped coming to see Diana. She kept a front, full of care-free smiles and laughs that sounded like bells. I smiled along with her. Before I left I told her, "Call for me if you need someone to talk to, Diana." The Siodonian woman nodded and smiled and uttered a hearty farewell.

My throne was guilded and upholstered with skilled hands. This throne stood by the emperor's throne since the begining of the Obelian Empire. "Blessings and glory upon the Sun of the Obelian empire!" The emperor kept his eyes on the noble. "Speak!" He ordered. The man visibly shivered. I gave the man a small smile, he seemed to relax.

"Claude, where have you been?" I asked the man. I closed the door behind me. He faced the large window overlooking his personal garden. "That is my business, Sam," he said lowly. "At least visit Dia-" He turned quicky, only anger glowed in his blue eyes. "Don't mention that wench in my prescence!" He hissed. "Claude, she misses you," I whispered. He did not say a word but those glowing blue eyes said enough. "You are hereby forbidden to enter the Ruby palace and to come near any occupants of the Ruby Palace," I frowned at his words, "This is an order from your emperor." I clenched my fists. "Leave!" He ordered.

~

At times I would sneak inside the Ruby palace to check up on Diana. She looked okey but got tired pretty easily.

One afternoon after my quick visit to Diana I was stopped by the emperor. "Sam," he said coldly. The emperor confined me to a single room like some disobedient child! I'm the older one in this relationship! Ugh!

A month and a few days had come and gone. Princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia was born. Claude opened my room door that night, full of blood. "Claude?" I asked caustiously. He turned to the bathroom. He walked out with only a towl around his waist still wet from the shower. May I say, this man is well endowed in all the right places.

Claude was silent while he dressed in a silk black pants. "Claude?" I questioned. The blonde slumped on the satin sheets. I laid on my side facing his profile. The blue-eyed man turned and faced me. The moon shone threw the slip in the curtins. "She's dead," he said. He sounded exhausted. "The ba-" He nodded. "The baby is alive," he sighed. I nodded and took in a breath, "I'm sorry for your loss, Claude." My spouse sighed. "Save it," he gulped. I leaned closer and place a kiss on his cheek. "Sleep, dear," I whispered. Those blue jewels fluttered closed. His breath evened. I laid an arm across his strong waist. My vision became blurred and sleep took me away.

~

Hi,

This story is just gonna be a tester. So if I get at least 100 READS and 5 LIKES and 1 COMMENT I will continue with the story.

P. S. Stay safe and love

P. P. S. ALL conditions must be met before the story can commence.

- sleep_ex