chapter 2

I wonder how little Athanasia's doing.

Parchments of troublesome letters from annoying people laid on the expensive maroon carpet. "I swear, he swamped me with so much paperwork on purpose!" I grumbled. Bastard, Claude.

The sun hung low in the sky creating a pretty pink glow with streaks of lavender.

I abandoned my work and sneaked into the Ruby Palace. The palace halls were quiet but bright. I found the room and knocked on the dark redwood. Lillian York - a former lady - opened the door. "Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire," she gasped with a deep curtsey. I chuckled, "No need, Lilly." She gestured for me to come inside.

Little Athanasia looked adorable in her white and blue ensemble. "Aren't you a little cutie," I could not help but coo and kneeled beside her on the Persian carpet. Athanasia smiled and giggled and continued to babble absently to her gold ball. "You outdid yourself, Lilly," I chuckled. "O-Oh? Whatever does your majesty mean?" Asked the Lady of York. "I mean, you did a good job at taking care of her," I smiled and gestured to the little bundle of sunshine. Lilly nodded with a soft smile, "Thank you, your majesty." I turned to little Athanasia, "Hey, Athy?" The blonde baby tilted her head in response. How cute! "How about me, you and Lilly play with the ball? Hm? Do you wanna play?" Athy laughed and clapped her hands in excitement. Aw! Now I want to have a baby!

I returned from the Ruby palace, by then the sun had nearly sunk below the horizon. The Emperor's gardens were always beautiful, more so at night. Fireflies would come out to play adding to the stars that lit up the indigo sky.

"Blessings and Glory upon the Sun of the Obelian Empire." Ah! That voice. "Felix," I smirked, "We know each other long enough for the use of our given names," I said matter-of-fact and a small chuckle. "Of course,
si-I mean Samual," the redhead could be such a stickler for the rules sometimes. "You shouldn't be too worried about what Claude might do if he hears my name uttered without my title," I sighed and walked down a dull yellow brick path. Felix followed close on my heels. "I-I think I should, you-I mean Samual," he cleared his throat. A small blush crept up his neck and ears. "Did he threaten you, Felix?" I raised a brow and let out a snicker. "I will say n-nothing of the sort of my Emperor!" He spoke hurriedly. I smirked, "Right." Note the sarcasm.

"Ten steps back, Felix!" Ah, speak of the devil and he shall appear. "Mm! Urh! Y-Yes, sir! Glory upon the Sun!" Poor man scurried a couple of feet behind.

"Claude, dear, why do you scare him so?" I questioned with a small chuckle. "You should not be so informal in public, Sam," he said. Ever since the death of Diana, his face had become emotionless and static. He had a beautiful smile. Little Athy has that same smile. "Yet, you're being informal right now, dear," I raised a brow at the blonde man. "I am your husband, I think that trumps over everyone else," he retorted in a dry monotonous voice.

The man stopped with an inch of space between us. "Take this walk with me, Claude" I flicked my head to the pale yellow brick path. Claude nodded his head. Those blue crystals shined and Felix disappeared.

~

The night was similar but different at the same time. All nights were similar but different. It will never be like that night, that is what Claude had promised. He promised.

The gardens grew more beautiful as we walked down the path.

"Claude she's-" when those frozen blue eyes bore into mine; I saw anger, betrayal and a small trace of sadness. I guess that topic is a no go. "Respect my decision, just like I respected yours," he warned. "Low blow, your majesty," I hissed. Or at least it felt like it? I could not tell over the sound of my voice getting stuck in my throat.

The air grew cold and the garden did not look beautiful anymore. The fireflies retreated to their home. I went back to our room, Claude not far behind.

The room was dark. The sheets ruffled. A reluctant hand curled around my waist. A tired sigh left my lips. "Before you say anything," that same hold tightened, "Let me talk." The hold relaxed slightly but was still firm. "She is your daughter and innocent. She lost her too, just like you had. Unlike you, she did not get to know her at all." He stayed silent but pulled me against his chest. "I won't bother you about it but," I looked at the dark window, "Just think about it okay?"

For a brief moment, the sheets flickered a red. I stifled a gasp and pushed myself against Claude's chest, any deeper and I might be glued to him. "C-Claude!" I whispered. I think I whimpered. I felt his chin on my shoulder. "Relax, Sam," he hummed. I nodded. "Turn around," he whispered in my ear. He didn't need to tell me twice! I buried my head in his - naked - firm chest. I looked up into his deep blue eyes. It glowed. "Go to sleep, Sam," he whispered with an affectionate brush of his hand on my head. Sleep took me away.

The following morning was the same as every morning for me and Claude.

Every afternoon I would visit Athanasia. She was growing to be a cute little girl. She would have people wrapped around her little cute fingers. Aiyee! I want a baby now!

~

Claude and I lounged in the tea room. The scent of Diana's favourite tea lingered in the air. My jasmine did not taste like jasmine. Ag! I think I lost my appetite.

"Claude?" I asked. The man hummed in acknowledgement. "I wanna baby." The man choked on his drink. He slapped his chest. I snickered.

"Don't do that again."

"Haha!"

"You should've seen your face! Haha!"

"..."

~

Hello♡

Firstly, thank you for taking your time to read this, I appreciate it.
Secondly, I'd like to know what you think.
Lastly, no. 3 won't be up unless there are 5 COMMENTS on chapter 2.

Stay safe and love lost.
Kind regards,
sleep_ex