Hackers.

Hello to all of you again...

I am glad you are reading this...

I am Laja Dorosa the creator of Knowledgeable Pinoy on Facebook.

What is the internet?

The Internet is a vast network that connects computers all over the world. Through the Internet, people can share information and communicate from anywhere with an Internet connection.

Almost the whole population of the world uses the internet.

And no. No single person or organisation controls the internet in its entirety. Like the global telephone network, no one individual, company or government can lay claim to the whole thing. However, lots of individuals, companies and governments own certain bits of it.

And of course there would be people who would steal such information for selfish desires, personal gain, fun, or even for money. Such stolen data could include sensitive information such as credit card numbers and social security numbers.

So first we are going to be talking about these kinds of people who steals information and data and what do you call them.

What do you call a person or organisation who steals information and data?

They are called hackers. White hat hackers, or ethical hackers, hack to protect websites, servers, and databases from black hat hackers who want to cause harm.

Black hat hackers are hackers who steals data, to steal or leak information, to be exact Normally, they use the stolen resources to profit themselves, sell them on the black market or harass their target company.

Sometimes black hat hackers can access your account or can crack your passwords without you knowing this. They have different kinds of methods of how to hack your account and we will be talking about this later.

Gray hat hackers. These types of hackers work with either good or bad intentions. The hacking might be for their gain. The intention behind hacking decides the type of hacker. If the intention is for personal gain then the hacker is considered to be a gray hat hacker. The difference is, they don't want to rob people nor want to help people in particular. Rather, they enjoy experimenting with systems to find loopholes, crack defenses, and generally find a fun hacking experience.

Red hat hackers. The red hat hackers intend to stop the attack of black hat hackers like white hackers the difference is that red hat hackers are quite ruthless while dealing with black hat hackers or counteracting with malware and may even end up having to replace the entire system set up.

Hacktivist can be an individual or a bunch of nameless hackers whose intent is to gain access to government websites and networks.

Malicious insider or Whistleblower include individuals working in an organization who can expose confidential information. The intent behind the exposure might be a personal grudge with the organization or the individual might have come across the illegal activities within the organization. The reason for expose defines the intent behind the exposure.

Government appoints hackers to gain information about other countries. These types of hackers are known as State/Nation sponsored hackers. To be well prepared for any upcoming danger to their country they use their knowledge. They report only to their government.

Blue hat hackers use hacking as a weapon to gain popularity among their fellow beings.

Green hat hackers are types of hackers who're learning the ropes of hacking.