Epilogue

~Evangeline~
~5 Years Later~

   Rayila scrunched her nose at the cradle, "He's a little chubby."

   "All babies look like that, even you did," Fenrys scolded Aelin's and Rowan's daughter.

   The princess stuck her tongue out at Evangeline's husband, "I did not look like that."

   Evangeline let Fenrys argue with the girl and took her baby out of the cradle. She smoothed Verlyn's golden hair down and bounced him on her hip.

   The little traitor had the nerve to come out exactly like his father even after the nine months of work she was put through. They only thing he had from her was her citrine eyes.

  Fenrys was still going at it with Rayila, so she left the room with her happy baby. Compared to Verlyn's cousins, he was very laid back and didn't cry often. A blessing, Aelin often told her when dealing with her daughter.

   The Arran estate had changed quite a bit since her childhood here. After Darrow's funeral, she removed all the wallpapers, tile, and bright painting. It was replaced with shades of green and blue that fitted her best. The hallways were no longer a haunting silence because her family's laughs echoed through them.

   Evangeline didn't realize how much the estate lacked now that it was filled with only things that brought her joy.

   Strong hands took Verlyn out of her arms. Her heart speed up when Fenrys held their baby an arms length away from him, but she trusted him not to drop Verlyn. Fenrys looked him over, "Sunshine, do you think we're feeding him too much?"

   Evangeline snorted, "I'm sure he's fine."

   Fenrys flashed her a suspicious glance and pulled Verlyn in his arms. "You sure?"

   "I'm sure, Sunshine," Evangeline surveyed her small family, "Everything is completely fine and will continue to be."