Shot

My hands trembled with fear. I quickly gripped my pen in my sweaty palms. Who knew it was so hard to write with a gun to your head? Focus, I repeated to myself in my head. This would probably be the last thing I ever write if the man behind me ever pulls the trigger. I wonder what's stopping him. After all, I'm the root cause of the problem. Why don't they kill me now? What do they have to lose?

"WRITE LITTLE GIRL!! You are taking too long" he screamed behind me.

"Don't make me pull the trigger" he said.

I reread the words on the paper, unsure of what to write next. Honesty, how do you explain to your family that you've been lying to them about everything? How do you tell them goodbye forever without seeing their faces one last time? My eyes filled with tears. I'm just glad, I won't be there when they open this.

"HEY, focus! We don't have time for this" he yelled pushing the gun deeper into my skull.

"Why are you making me do this? Explain to me? Just pull the trigger, and get it over with" I said turning to look at the man.

"Just finish the letter, okay?" he said rolling his eyes.

How could he be so comfortable with this? This endless cycle of killing and evilness. What happens when the gun turns toward you? What are you gonna say when your life vanishes in front of your eyes? How could you be so clueless? They're using you, just like they used me and everyone else involved. I turned back towards my paper. My mind kept wandering, I didn't want to finish the letter. Maybe because I knew too well what happens afterward. 

"Are you almost done" he asked.

"Don't rush me, please. Let me spend my last minutes in peace" I mumbled.

"Are you getting smart with me?" he demanded slamming his hand on the table.

"Why does it matter? My life is at its end anyway" I whispered.

I picked up my pen and began writing again.

The man kept yelling, "I told you not to act smart with me".

I could feel the man's hand coming towards my face. I winced but then everything went black.