#41

📍 AECHA'S HOUSE.
7:21PM.
🙇🏻 LEE CHAN'S POV.

I stare at my paper. It was a note, an apology note - to who? The one and only No Aecha. I know, an apology note seems weird and awkward out of nowhere but I felt bad and since it's almost spring break, why not let go of it with an apology and I can at least be friends with her after what I've made her go through and what I made her looo like plus made her feel.

I know all of those things must've ended up horrible and I feel bad so stop clowning me and let me write this note - or should a "Let's meet up" text be better so I can do it in person? Ah, fuck it. It'll be meaningful.

𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗮 <3

𝗺𝗲
hey! sorry to disturb you but can we meet up? it'll we quick

I text her on Snap and turn off my phone, I slip it into my pocket with the feeling of rejection in my body. Within a second, a vibration was made against my thigh causing me to take the cell from my pocket. "Oh?" I say, "She replied." I add.

𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗮 <3
yh sure

𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗮 <3
where

𝗺𝗲
hmm kim's ice cream stand?

𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗮 <3
near the beach??

𝗺𝗲
yeah

𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗮 <3
are you treating me??

I smile.

𝗺𝗲
ofc

𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗮 <3
ill see u in 15

I was feeling the emotion, happy. For once I didn't feel forced or the need to be mean just to act cool. I think even if I rarely know Aecha and even if we drifted apart, she continues to bring out the best in me.

She doesn't need me but I need her, just to have her back, as anyone in my life, I have to apologize for the bullshit I made her go through when we were just teens and the situations I've put her now as almost-adults.

After our short conversation, I headed to the beach and stayed to sit on a bench alone. I was looking left and right for her but she wasn't showing up yet until I felt the presence of hers sit next to me instead of in front.

"Oh, hey." I say and smile brightly, "Hi." she replies and sighs as the wind blows her hair off of her face. "What's up?" She asks more and faces to see me, "Oh- um.. nothing, just wanted to.." I chuckle the nerves off, "Y'know.." I laugh more but she wasn't buying it.

Her eyebrows furrow, I think I pissed her off. "No? I don't know." Aecha says and I sigh like she did earlier, "Look, I'm sorry." I admitted and stared into her brown marbles of eyes. They were simple coloured but beautiful to rest your own eyes on, "I'm sorry, I put you into wrong situations and caused you to be miserable. I just want to be friends at this point." I told her and she accepts it.

"Okay. Fine, friends, it is." She gave me her hand, my eyes widen because I expected a large paragraph to come from her mouth as if she was texting me, "Friends?" I ask again and straighten my back, gaining more confidence to earn a true friend. "Yep."

"Friends!" I exclaim.

📍 BEACH.
7:45PM.
🙇🏻 MARK LEE'S POV.

Aecha walked out on us but a few minutes later she came back down. She was ignoring everybody but me, just a small flashback to keep you track on what happened..

"Woah, woah- wait, are you her soulmate?" Huijun drops his fork onto the plate. I stared blankly - I didn't know what to say or do, I just froze. "Y-Yes, but-" Jessi stands and smiles, her perfect white teeth were shining at me and I still couldn't believe my soulmate is related to her.

"There's no "but", Mark. You're her soulmate, you need to tell her before it's too late." Tzuyu looks at me worriedly. I have all the time in my life to waste but what if she's right? What if I'll be too late when I tell her, I thought, "What if I say it now?" and life just gave me a chance to.

"Mark, drive me to Kim's Ice Cream Stand."

Everyone looks at Aecha who was dressed to leave. She doesn't look at anyone but me and I still froze, "Go on." her uncle whispers and I earned the courage then gulped down my thoughts to clear my mind.

"Yeah, sure. Excuse me." I get out of my seat and pull out keys. I had it linked onto my house keys so it'd be easier to grab, "I don't have my car here but my apartment's not too far away. You up for a walk?" I ask her and open the door just for her to lash out on me saying, "Whatever." okay, maybe I'm just sensitive.

But past that, this is where it got me to.

"Yes, Lee Chan, we're friends." I listen from behind the stand, "Just friends." I heard Aecha add. I was happy inside that she wasn't falling for him after what they've been through. "Lee Chan! I said "just friends!" I heard Aecha shout.

"What are you doing?!" She froze in shock and panic in the situation.

📖 : published | 05/10/21
📝 : hey baes,,,, how we feeling today..