9- Union of Ice and Fire

276 AC▪️
King's Landing.

276 AC▪️King's Landing

This was it. It was her wedding day, Valarie was not her usual confident self, she was panicking like she had seen the Stranger.
"Calm down now, Val. You are getting married not fucking executed." Ashara yelled at her after seeing her panic the hundredth time
"Then why does it feel like it?" Val whined.
"Enough of dying now! Sit still while I do your hair!" Elia exclaimed.
Valerie's gown was magnificent, it was very southern, usually the wedding gowns were white or at least really pale colours but her's were striking gold, and it was surprisingly very comfortable considering how huge and elaborate the gown was. When she asked Elia about it, she was informed that it was due to fine, light myrish silk.

 When she asked Elia about it, she was informed that it was due to fine, light myrish silk

At last, it was done, but Valarie was already exhausted

At last, it was done, but Valarie was already exhausted. It had taken hours to get ready and when she complained about it Elia and Ashara had told her it was perfectly normal as this was a royal wedding.
She took a deep breath and looked at herself, the most expensive myrish silk gown and her hair styled between a simple northern style and an elaborate southern style.
Though Valerie Stark wasn't looking forward to this wedding, she felt everything was just perfect.

She stood up as she heard someone knock at her door, but before she went to open it Ashara stopped her and let Elia do it instead.
"Sit down, I don't want you to make a mess of everything. I can already tell the prince would be very occupied today and everyday henceforth."
While Valarie glared at her lilac eyed friend, a new voice said,
"I must agree with Ashara, dear."
Val turned to see the queen with a soft smile.
"Oh, mother please don't join these two heathens here and cause me misery." She replied, earning a glare from those very two heathens.
Rhaella just laughed, "I don't know what misery you're talking about, besides I have brought you something."
The queen opened a box, which had a beautiful ruby and black stone encrusted tiara,
The three of them gasped at its beauty.
Rhaella explained after taking in their curious expression,
"This is an heirloom of the Targaryen's, traditionally worn by princesses. From today Valarie, you are not just a wolf but also a dragon. I want you to wear it to the Sept as it is rightfully yours now."
Saying that, the Queen placed the tiara on Val's head. It was quite heavy but it was not the physical weight that bothered Valarie Stark, it was the meaning it bore.