4- The Wolf and The Dragon

276 AC ▪️

"Valarie," called Tywin Lannister, the twins and her were taking lessons from him

"Valarie," called Tywin Lannister, the twins and her were taking lessons from him. "Tell me why it is very important for one to read and write?"

Jamie groaned, but Valarie answered, "it's very basic, you can achieve nothing if you do not know how to read and write. People will deceive you under your nose."

This argument was going on for the past year, Tywin and Valarie had teamed up to make Jamie learn how to read.

As she had been here for an hour for her political lessons with Tywin she stood up to excuse herself as she had to leave for her next lesson, "Excuse me, Lord Tywin. I have to attend my music class now." With a dismissive nod from the lord, she left.

The political lessons she received from the lord were not for ladies, but after their first conversation once she arrived at Casterly Rock, Tywin was more than impressed with her mind for politics, he asked her to join the lessons with Jamie. She had not refused, but when she asked him why he invited her to such lessons even though the other Lords thought it was improper for a lady to learn about the cunning games of power, he simply answered,

" A mind is a mind, if it has capability to wage wars of any manner, through swords or words. It should be sharpened. No matter the gender of the person."

From then she knew that she was in the exact place to hone her skills, who's better at playing the game of thrones in the whole of seven kingdoms aside than the hand of the King, Tywin Lannister?

She halted at the library to take her music classes, a place where no one used except for her, Tywin and Tyrion, the youngest and most hated child of the Liege Lord. But if you spend time with him enough, you'll know he has his father's cunning mind, so Valarie was the only companion for the young Lannister.

Of course, he was always present during her music lessons as always, much to her tutor's displeasure. He was one of the greatest admirers of Valarie's voice.

The lesson began, Valarie Stark effortlessly sang the notes of one of the greatest intricate pieces of music in Westroes, she glided through the fast paced notes, looped through the beats and slowly brought it to an end.

Her teacher started clapping her hand and gushed over how she didn't miss a note.

"Oh dear, in this rate of progress, you will be one of the finest musicians in the seven kingdoms! Maybe one day, if you visit the court at the Red Keep, you might be able to perform with the Prince! He often performs for his parents with his dragon harp!"

This caught Val's attention, so she asked,

"The Prince plays the harp?" The one instrument she absolutely despised, that bloody thing always drove her insane.

"Oh yes! I have heard him play it, and I swear by the seven gods, I have never heard someone play as perfect as him!"

Hmm, Valarie thought, he must be really good because her teacher was indeed a famous singer in Westroes, she had traveled a lot for her performances.