Chapter 9

Wednesday.

She woke up with a lot of headache, and she didn't even remember what had happened the day before.

- Good Morning.

- Justin ...

- Glad you woke up. Haylen brought a medicine to relieve her headache.

Justin pointed to the bedside table beside the bed, where he had a glass of water and some pills.

- Hmm, thank you.

- What's it?

She pushed the sheets aside and sat on the bed.

- I'm so ashamed. - she shrugged her knees and held them.

- Why?

- And you still don't know?

Justin smiled.

- Look, I can't say you weren't too drunk yesterday.

- Excuse me. My God! I apologize ...- he covered his face with his hands.

- You do not need to apologize. - He walked to the window and opened the curtains, letting a strong light invade the room. - I get a thousand times worse than you, when I get drunk.

- The problem is ... I never get drunk.

- Great, there's a first time for everything.

Justin sat next to her on the bed and started laughing.

- My goodness, I smell like whiskey.

- I didn't even notice. - He stifled a smile.

- Did your brothers see me here?

- No.

- That's good. I would be ashamed of myself.

- Jaxon and Jazzi are already well grown. They understand that.

- Even so, I can't look in the mirror right now, I got drunk, and I ended up in your bed. In fact, where did you sleep?

- Right there. Justin pointed to the sofa.

- I do not believe! You slept on a couch, even though you had a bed of whatever ... millions of dollars?

- Do not exaggerate.

- Can ... can you tell me what I did yesterday?

- Do you really want to know?

- I know I'm going to regret it. But, yes, I need to know. - she put her thumb to her mouth to bite her nail.

- Well, after dancing a lot and drinking, I brought you home in the limousine ...

- Are you hiding something from me?

- No. You didn't vomit, scold the driver, or hit anyone. You did nothing but ruffle your own hair and seduce me.

- Seduce you? Like this? - she laughed.

- IT'S. - Justin started to laugh out loud. "You started to imply that I was going to bring you to my home and to my bed, and I was going to take advantage of you."

- What? No! I did not say that.

- Said yes. his exact words: '' You can't stand sleeping next to my body doing nothing. '' and he still laughed in a way that I never saw you laugh. It looked like Angelina Jolie ... in that fairy movie ...

- Oh my God! - she swept her hair with her fingers. - I'm so ... I'm sorry Justin. I didn't want to ...

- Okay ... I came to ask you to have breakfast with me.

- I think that after that I have to disappear from your life.

- But now that you're getting cool. - he laughed. - Just kidding. But you will have to stay. Really. I told Haylen to choose the most beautiful strawberries for you. I know it's your favorite fruit.

- Wait. - She frowned. - How do you know that?

- You said I was supposed to take some strawberries and put them in your mouth, while I ...

- No! My god, stop! Spare me the rest. If my mom knew what I did ...

- You're the most behaved drunk I've ever seen.

- Don't try to make me feel good Justin. You have already done too much.

- Why do you always have to be so grateful, and so polite, and so ... - He wet his lips with his tongue, searching for the right word. - And so ... perfect?

- Wait a second! I'm not perfect. - she laughed.

- Tell me about a defect? he said, raising an eyebrow.

- Umm, I ... I don't eat broccoli.

- This is not a defect.

- Okay ... I ... I'm boring, suspicious of everything, bossy, and I'm afraid of heights.

- I'm starting to think you're describing an angel.

Justin came over and stood looking at her with bright eyes. With a smile hidden on his lips.

- I want to use the bathroom.

- Well, you already know where it is.

- All right.

She ran out with her hands over her mouth.

*

- Did you put everything out?

- My God, I'm much better now.

- I know how you feel. Take the medicine that you will feel much better.

She took the medicine.

- Where are my shoes?

- They're in the closet. I got them off your feet yesterday.

- I didn't want to give you so much trouble.

- It's just some shoes. By the way, your feet are the most beautiful I have ever seen.

- You think? she looked at her bare feet on the carpet. - I always thought they were very ... flat.

- Flattened? - Justin laughed. - You are awesome.

- Justin, thanks for taking care of me.

- That's what friends do. They take care of each other. Is not it?

- Yes of course. But ... still, thank you. And I wanted to say that ... now I know that I can trust you more. Why, you showed this when you brought me drunk to your room and ...

- And I didn't have sex with you.

- I was going to say, 'and put me to sleep'. - she laughed. - But even so, that's right.

- Glad to know that you trust me more now. - He got up and stopped next to her. - You can rest assured that you will start to trust in more in me.

- I think ... it can happen.

He stroked her face with his fingers, and approached her.

- Do you know those wonderful strawberries you told me about?

- Know. - He rolled his eyes. - I think you want to eat them now, don't you?

"Yes," she smiled.

- Let's go.

*