Chapter 31

Thursday.

She was very scared of what Justin might say right then. He could curse her, humiliate her, tell her he didn't love her and that he didn't care if she left. He could break up.

But it was already done. She knew she had to keep being strong. It was the right thing to do.

- I've never... been so serious. - She took a deep breath and continued. - If Jac loses his job, it will be my fault, and I won't be able to live with that guilt... So, if you fire Jac, I'll leave your life Justin.

They looked at each other for a second. A strange moment, with hidden expressions, emotions and feelings.

Justin was pale. All the blood was gone from his face. He was so fragile now, unarmored, weak.

Not caring about his cell phone, Justin dropped his iPhone on the floor, and broke it, and ran to give his girlfriend a hug. He lifted her off the ground, and closed his eyes.

- I don't want to leave your life Justin! - She said through her tears, her voice choked by Justin's shoulder.

- I know, my angel. I know. Excuse me. - He pulled her away a little, to look into her brown eyes, - I'm sorry.

He brushed all the strands of her tear-dampened hair from her face, and kissed her on both cheeks, cupping her face in his hands.

"Me..." he said as he kissed her tears away. - Forgive me.

- Of course I did. - She whispered, and then he kissed her harder, tasting the slight salty taste of tears on her lips.

- Justin... I think I owe Jac an apology.

-No... Justin was going to say something, but she put her finger in his mouth, making him shut up.

- Trust me, okay? It's you I like. - She gave a quick kiss on his lips, and left the room.

***

- Jac, I came to apologize for Justin. I know he was rude...

- No. Never. - Jac looked at her, calm. - I was the one who was wrong. I know my boss very well, I know how he would react if he saw you with me. And even so, I took a chance.

- You mean you'd rather not be with me?

- If it was to see you happy, I prefer it.

She glared at him, a little indignant at this answer.

- Thank you. But I would never be happy if you didn't want to talk to me anymore.

Jac was serious. Just studying the words, but at last he smiled.

- Of course. I will write this down.

- Really.

- But look, I don't care what Justin says about me... he might even send me away, I won't mind. But I don't want him to fight you.

"I'm not letting Justin fire you," she looked into Jac's loving eyes, and took a deep breath. Winter smoke coming out of her mouth. - I'll never let him send you away... I just... I won't. She closed her mouth, as if she was saying what she shouldn't.

- I can't believe you took a risk for me?! Jac looked at her, disappointed. And he walked away.

- What's wrong?

- You didn't let him kick me out of here. - He looked for the answer in her eyes, and she just looked away from him. - You risked losing someone who loves you very much, for me...