Chapter 49

Wednesday.

She woke up this morning like she had been drinking too much last night.  She felt her stomach turn, and her head felt heavy, but still she got up and went to see the message Justin had left on her cell phone:

Good morning my angel.

Hope you're well.  I really hope.  Because you were weird again yesterday.  Today we are recording in Miami.  I know.  It's far away.  But I would like you to come... if you want to come, I will be happy.

Kisses.  Have a wonderful day.

She wasn't feeling well, but she really wanted to go to Justin, so that morning, she got ready and went to see Max. He'd made a few calls first, but he immediately drove her to Justin's plane.  And they traveled to Miami.

***

They landed shortly after lunchtime.  She left feeling strange about the atmosphere, how different it was.  She felt hot, so she took off her jacket so she could just wear the tank top.  A huge man in all suits, he escorted her with the greatest formality from the parking lot to the recording studios for Justin's new movie.

The place was huge, and each filming section had a set.  Lots of people were working and running with equipment everywhere.  She just followed the giant man through the corridors and they arrived in a small, simple neighborhood, with low-roofed houses, corner stores and bakery, where Justin and Selena acted together with other people.  The two were holding hands in an alley because they had just lost Justin's character obsessed fans.

At that moment, she was in the darkness watching the scene and didn't even notice when the man walked away without warning.

- Lucy, we can stay here and live anywhere.  - Justin said to Selena, with a very bright look, in a blue lens.

He was wearing a jacket with silver and gold sequins, shiny and very exaggerated sneakers, and matching pants.  She laughed when she saw his hair soaked in gel and slicked up.

- But you're a pop star Freddie.  - Selena said, with a sad tone of voice.  - You'll never get used to this neighborhood so simple compared to Los Angeles.

Selena was wearing what looked like a plastic jumpsuit, had her hair in a messy bun, and was all smeared with paint.

- For you, I'll get used... dear Lucy.

- I don't know if this will work.  - She put a hand on her forehead, dramatizing.

At that moment, several instruments started playing in the back of the studio and the characters in the scene started an organized dance around the couple.  Everyone started to sing a song, whose lyrics said that Lucy had to try, for the love of both.

She thought it was weird at first, but then she remembered it was a musical.

When the dancing rhythm singing ended, the characters went back to their chores, such as selling bread from the bakery, sweeping the sidewalk, or walking the dog, as if nothing had happened.  And the couple continued their conversation, and when Lucy finally said yes.

They kissed.

A technical kiss.  She knew.  Even so, her stomach didn't stop turning and her hands tingled.

- Cut!  - the director shouted in the background, in a megaphone.  - Perfect.  A pause before the next scene.

She was startled by the director's scream, but was even more startled when she turned to the scene and saw that Justin and Selena were still kissing.

Maybe they haven't heard.

No. Impossible.  The stage lights came on, and everyone started scurrying back and forth, changing clothes and taking off their makeup.  Even so, they still continued kissing for more than ten seconds, after that Justin ran away almost running and grabbed a bottle of water from a tiny blonde girl, and came out the back all sweaty.