二一

════════════════════════════════

THE DAY OF THE
GOODWILL EVENT
SOON CAME.

Yachiru was excited, not only for the exchange event but also to see Itadori's reunion with his friends. She had worn the red hakama pants she had bought just over a month ago, wanting to add a little colour to her outfit for the occasion. She sat eagerly, waiting for Satoru's arrival with the young boy as she perched on one of the rocks surrounded by the Tokyo students.

"You seem happy today, Kurotsuki-sensei." Megumi said, looking over at his teacher. She had gotten used to him speaking so formally now — it had stopped bothering her a while back.

"What are you talking about, Yachiru is always in high spirits." Nobara defended, earning a swift nod from Maki in agreement.

"Look at that grin on her face and tell me she isn't anticipating something." Megumi retorted, pointing an accusatory finger in Yachiru's direction.

"You have high emotional intelligence, Gumi-chan! I'm just excited to see my dear students do well, is that not enough of a reason?" She said, gleaming at all five students who stood before her.

The Kyoto bunch soon showed up, Yachiru only recognising Maki's twin and the man who had beaten up Megumi, both of which she had come to know as Zenin Mai and Todo Aoi.

She greeted them enthusiastically, and her sentiments were returned by all but Mai. She didn't mind; supposing that the girl was most likely the type to hold a grudge.

The students began bickering amongst themselves, only to be silenced by the clapping of two hands. Yachiru watched as a beautiful woman with long purple hair appeared, the scar across her face not taking away from her beauty one bit. Her eyes trailed down, noticing that the pants she wore were the exact same as her own.

Yachiru appeared before her in the blink of an eye, stunning the Kyoto students slightly as she now stood behind them. "You have excellent taste." She said, smiling at the woman who couldn't have been much older than herself.

"You must be Kurotsuki Yachiru-san." She bowed, eyeing her students to do the same and forcing Mai's head down as she protested. "It's an honour to be in your presence, my name is Utahime Iori." Iori was an incredibly intelligent woman; a well read one at that. She viewed Shinigami as being divine spiritual entities, and sought to address Yachiru in accordance to this.

Yachiru was embarrassed at the display, turning her head back to look at her own group holding in their laughs. She shook her hands in front of her face, sealing her eyes shut and waving at the students to stop their bowing. "Please, just call me Yachiru! There is no need to be so formal."