three

April 20th 2021
1:27 pm

It had been a few days since Griffin, Josh and Nevada were in Miami. Nev and Josh were lying in his bed, Nevada scrolling through tiktok and Josh asleep. Josh's phone was blowing up with messages and now phone calls. Josh's head was lying on Vada's stomach so she tried not to wake him as she reached to turn off his phone. When she picked up the phone, he was getting a call from his brother. Nevada answered the facetime to see Will and Patti on the screen.

"Well hello Vada" Patti greeted.

"Hi Patti, hi Will" Vada laughed.

"Vada, is Josh there?" Patti asked.

"Uhh yeah" Nev laughed as she flipped the camera to the boy, whose arms were wrapped around her waist and his head on her stomach.

"JOSH" Will yelled through the phone, his mother lightly hit him in the arm.

"What the fuck" Josh groaned.

"Josh you're Moms on the phone" Nevada laughed.

"Hi Momma" The shirtless boy groaned as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. Nevada handed the boy his phone so he could talk to his family.

"It's like one thirty, why are you only now getting up?" Josh's dad called.

"Long night" Nevada laughed.

"Yeah, we were up till four watching High School Musical" Josh told his family.

"Vada how's work and school going?" Patti asked the girl. Josh turned the phone to Nevada.

"Good, finals are coming up soon so I'm cramming" Nev informed. Nevada was going to UFT but taking online courses, to become a teacher and was working at as a part-time librarian and student teacher at Lincoln Middle School in Santa Monica and helped with the school's music classes.

"Sorry I gotta take this" Nevada apologized as her phone began to ring. She grabbed her phone and slipped into the bathroom.

"Hello" Nevada answered.

"Hi, Nevada. How you're well, we need you in as soon as possible" The head librarian Mary greeted.

"Okay, I'll be there soon" Nevada said before Mary hung up. Vada washed her face and brushed her teeth and hair. She walked out of the bathroom, looking for some clothes in Josh's closet.

"I'm taking a shirt, might not give it back" Vada told him as she pulled out one of his shirts. She found some other clothes in his closet that she had left. Nevada quickly got changed in the bathroom. She grabbed her backpack and put in her laptop and laptop charger.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked as he took a break from talking to his family.

"Work" Nevada answered as she slipped on her converse.

"It's not Monday though, or Wednesday or Thursday" Josh said.

"Well they need me, bye" She smiled as she grabbed her phone and gave him a kiss on the head.

"Bye!" He called after her.

Nevada grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, and a granola bar from the panrty before leaving the house. It was around a twenty minute drive to the school from Josh's house. Before going into the building, Nevada had to make sure she had everything since she was prone to forgetting.

"Hello Ms. Crawford, thank you so much for coming in on such short notice" Mary the head librarian thanked the eighteen year old.

"We need you to cover in the sixth grade art till the end of the day, they already have their work, it's easy stuff" Mary informed the girl.