XIX

Bucky and Michaela, after a brief stop in Wakanda, boarded a plane.

As Michaela tightened her strap, she muttered, "You think I'd be used to this."

Bucky, who sat next to her, took her hand and said, "Doll, it's okay. I'm here."

She nodded slowly and after a moment, Bucky spoke again. "You never really explained what happened when Steve crashed that plane. You touched upon it, but..."

Michaela glanced down. "Well, like I told you, he put the aeroplane into a nosedive and we crashed into the ocean. I'd never experienced such a fear like that before and it just..."

"It was something you couldn't shake."

"Yeah. And unfortunately this day in age, aeroplanes are a common form of travel. What I wouldn't give for a train or a car."

"Like I said, Mick, I'm here."

Michaela cuddled into Bucky who took her hand, squeezing it gently.

---

Their plane landed in Delacroix, Louisiana.

They arrived at the docks and saw people unloading things, putting them close to the boat.

Michaela looked around for Sam and heard him say, "Tommy, Carlos, man, this is amazing." He chuckled. "Thanks so much, man."

"Look..." Carlos began.

"Thanks, y'all."

"Hey, look, word goes out the Wilson family needs help?"

"Yes, sir," a man said.

"We still got a bit of usefulness in us."

"How do we get it off the truck?"

Bucky grabbed a crate from the back and a man cried, "Oh!"

As Bucky set the crate down, he said, "You're welcome."

Sam glanced at Michaela. "Did someone call you two?"

Michaela shook her head. "Nah, we're just dropping something off."

Bucky placed the case on the back of the truck. "You can sign for it and we'll go. I called in a favor from the Wakandans."

Before Sam could say anything, a hose came loose on the boat and a loud hissing sounded.

Sarah rushed over to her brother and called, "Sam!"

Sam ran to the boat and grabbed a wrench, trying to tighten the hose.

"Hi," Bucky greeted, waving to Sarah.

"Hi," Sarah replied in a bright tone.

Michaela narrowed her eyes and Bucky kissed her cheek, laughing softly before saying, "Don't worry, doll. You're the most important girl to me."

Bucky walked up to Sam and said, "Hold on, hold on. You gotta go up." He grabbed the wrench from Sam and tightened the hose.

As soon as the hissing stopped, Bucky dropped the wrench to his side and Michaela walked onto the boat.

Sam looked between Bucky and the hose before asking, "Why didn't you use the metal arm?"

"Well..." Bucky began, looking at his left hand, "I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right-handed." Sam chuckled and Michaela smiled. "So, this is the boat, huh?"

"This is it." Sam leaned against the box below the hose.

Bucky nodded and looked around again. "It's nice."