The Start of Something Special

(Just a little author note before, this chapter is from Aragorn's pov, not Legolas' as we have seen so far, well in 3rd person pov. Also, if you know me from school, you have 2 options, stop reading now and do something else or read it and never mention it to me, if you do neither, I will not answer your texts. You have been warned.)

When Legolas told him to stop talking, he didn't argue. He was in so much pain.

He vaguely remembered with the elf's help, lifting his head into his companion's lap, and falling asleep.

He woke up to Legolas stroking his hair and mumbling to himself. Aragorn couldn't quite make out what he was saying, but he thought he caught something like: 'I wish I could tell him the truth, but I don't even know the truth.' This intrigued Aragorn, and almost against his will he asked, "Tell me the truth about what?"

He could practically sense the elf tense up under him, and it only now dawned on him how weird and comfortable this position was.

"Oh uh, nothing." Replied Legolas hastily, "Nothing of great importance."

Aragorn had his suspicions about what was going on, so he looked up at Legolas from his position on the elf's lap, drew a shaky hand up to his companion's body and ran his fingers down his chest. 

The ever pale elf turned bright red and turned away. So that's what's going on. This was good news to Aragorn because he had been secretly admiring Legolas since they first met. How could you not love that long, blonde, ever clean hair, ocean blue eyes, perfectly pointed ears, and a personality so unique, that it could not be easily explained?

"Legolas, are you ok?" He asked because the elf was still looking away and shaking his head.

"Fine." He mumbled, "What was that for?"

"Simply meleth nin, (my love) because I have been totally in love with you since we met." That is what Aragorn WOULD HAVE SAID if the author wasn't a terrible person, because at that very moment, for the first time in hours, somebody acknowledged their presence. And it wasn't necessarily a good thing.

"The man is awake." Growled an orc. "What shall we do with them?"

"I say we eat them," said another, "I don't know why you kept them alive."

The orcs continued this foul conversation and Aragorn suddenly remembered something. "Legolas. I can't reach it but in my sock, is a small dagger. You can use it to defend yourself. Leave me and go. I will only slow you down."

"I am not leaving you behind." Said Legolas firmly, "I will carry you if I must."

"Legolas, then we will both be killed."

"Not if I kill them first."

"How could you possibly-"

But Legolas had already taken the dagger from Aragorn's sock, unsheathed it, (ok quick A/N, Idk if daggers have sheaths because I know nothing about weapons other than what lotr has taught me, but for the sake of Aragorn not cutting his leg, let's pretend they do), scooped Aragorn up with one arm and started walking swiftly towards the door.

"Legolas no-"

He carefully inserted the dagger into the keyhole and turned. It worked and the door clicked open quietly. The orcs conversation had grown into a heated argument by now, and they didn't hear the small click.

Legolas lightly pushed the door open and crept out. This quiet motion took time, but elves were good at being quiet. Aragorn was surprised by how strong he was and felt safe in his arms, despite being in immeasurable pain.